Upgrading the kids 48v1000w brushed setup to a MY1020 brushless motor (1800) and controller

Lukeinlondon

100 µW
Hi all,

Upgrading the kids 48v1000w brushed setup to a MY1020 brushless motor (1800) and controller.

I want to keep the OEM Reverse/Park/Drive feature, but the brushless setup has more wires so unsure what to do so after replicating the original setup I am left with extra wires

If anyone with experience can help, can share more images if below is not clear. Thanks
View attachment 348541View attachment 348542View attachment 348543

(moderator edit: we don't delete content where people have spent time trying to help, as it wastes their time and is rude to them, especially if it could be useful to future readers with similar issues).

Last edited by a moderator:
You need a brushless controller with a reverse function. Wire it to the multi position switch on the dash.

Some speed controllers also have immobilizers included, but I have never messed with that. If you get one of those, I expect you can wire the immobilizer to the same switch. Seems like asking for trouble, using the go box to stay in place.

Locking brake levers are my pick for parking brakes.

you could not find this?

I literally cut/pasted that from your search.

Or are you not finding a switch?

And just a suggestion. when you come into a room of people that *KNOW* the subject matter. Might want to not brush off the first responder. You know the guy that has been building and repairing ebikes since I was still playing soldier...

And I am OLD :😆:

So, if you want help, please do us all a solid, including yourself. ASK CLEAR AND CONCISE QUESTIONS.

detail out what the problem is, with whatever supporting documentation and evidence you have. Then you are not asking us to reproduce your wheel, you are just asking for help on the part you do not understand.

I see you holding a bunch of disconected wires, I am guessing a switch failed that controls the functions mentioned. So, either take a meter to that bitch and go hop on the catalog chain and figure out what is a match, while btw there is a language of electric parts that at a guess you do not know. The guy who you just dismissed, he is fluent.

I just speak english, drunkenese and rabid arsehole...

Back