USB/TTL problems

Ok, So i upgrade my controller traces, and it works perfectly. Today i decide to increase the current abit. I set up the program (used it b4 successfully) and pulled everything in. I hit the transmit button and then the button on the usb/ttl but it doesnt actually send. So the program just keeps trying to transmit no matter how many times i hit the usb/ttl button. Anyone got any ideas? Sometimes it transmit 4 out of 5 bars, but then stops and says "transmit failure" instead of "failure"

Check the connector on the controller is free of dirt and corrosion. I occasionally have to remove the lead and re-insert it a few times before it will transmit.

how do you remove the lead?

Well i check the connectivity of each wire with the 2 connectors attached. They are all good. I checked at the board, all 5 wires are attached and i clean the connectors but still says it fails with a periodic transmit failure

I am using the right comm port. If i wasnt it would say there is nothing in the comm port. Lyen is saying their maybe something wrong with the driver. I have to use device manager to search online for a driver for the usb/ttl to say it is installed. He sent me a driver but it only works with vista (so says my computer)

So i erased my computer and put 32 bit windows 7 on it. Abit extreme, but i do it every 3 months anyway to delete unwanted crap. Shout out to lyen for suggesting a different computer. It works now.

Back