Using regenerative breaking as home electric generator

yves386 said:
Why do I need a Solar Generator when I already have a Gas Generator?

That's probably something you can even start a new thread on. Experts are probably on this subforum though:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=41

DrkAngel said:
Just use a 3 phase bridge rectifier!

Brushless Hub motor, no controller needed.

Can u connect this directly to a battery?

Assuming u can connect directly to a battery will resistance to the pedaling increase and decreases related to the battery voltage and rpm? How’s it work?

Looking on the internet for a short amount of time I don’t see anything related but I don’t have a river on any owned property, and pedaling seems ridiculously impractical, but the water pressure out of my faucet seems an endless potential waterwheel maker. That must be stealing but I never hear of it being done. What u think would be the ultimate outcome in such a scheme? I’ve already outed myself in mentioning it and wonder if that’s on the radar of the gov. I’m not prone to conspiracies and straight as a nail for science.

Connect the 2 + and - pins to battery.
Connect the 3 phase wires, from motor, to the other 3 pins.
As you pedal harder, voltage will gradually increase, but charging amps will increase directly in relation to input force.

DrkAngel said:
Connect the 2 + and - pins to battery.
Connect the 3 phase wires, from motor, to the other 3 pins.
As you pedal harder, voltage will gradually increase, but charging amps will increase directly in relation to input force.

When u say pedal harder how would the resistance increase?

does resistance to pedaling increase related to the battery voltage alone, so you would only feel resistance other than cogging torque while pedaling at an rpm producing a higher voltage from the generator than the battery it’s attached to?

Its the resistance thats giving the resistive force on the pedals closer the loads resistance gets to 0 ohms the harder the peddles are to push, for example if you touched all the motor phases together and try turn the motor manually thats the max regen effort it could ever apply to the system its been fitted to.

A treadmill uses around a 300watt motor for a decent cadence without overheating so maximum be a 1000w motor a super human could never put enough effort to overheat that.

Ianhill said:
Its the resistance thats giving the resistive force on the pedals closer the loads resistance gets to 0 ohms the harder the peddles are to push, for example if you touched all the motor phases together and try turn the motor manually thats the max regen effort it could ever apply to the system its been fitted to.

A treadmill uses around a 300watt motor for a decent cadence without overheating so maximum be a 1000w motor a super human could never put enough effort to overheat that.
i dont understand you. if all the motor wires are shorted there's going to be a lot of physical resistance to turning but no regen produced as its not connected to the battery. With the motor connected to the 3 phase bridge rectifier then the battery what is the physical resistance coming from? I imagine there will be no physical resistance to turning the pedals and generator until a speed above the battery voltage is reached and beyond that rpm the motor will produce a higher voltage and the amperage produced would be in relation to the two voltages of the generator and battery and ohm's law. is it possible to produce a higher current without increasing the generator speed or is the generator fixed in that regard?

Depends if your using mppt or not on the charge side as to how well it will work its basiclly a wind turbine setup with pedals plus a bit of storage in form of battery.

Id research handcrank generation but i remember charging them up from flat to full it would get easier and the load of the 1w lamp used to be noticable on the crank but inside that was a small motor i could spin well past breaking point.

Back