Very Impressed by fast motor winding with gear reduction vs. Slow motor Winding without gear reduction

Yes, "the others" would be the angry EV driver that has to wait who has a cell phone or email account, to rat the e-bicyclist out. Thats the way society has gone, snowflakes with ego's who need safe spaces.

john61ct said:
I'd bet Tesla and the others will quickly put a stop to that if it becomes popular

No ratting needed

the charger identifies you before granting access

cameras, face recognition licence plate readers

all in place and working well for years.

Publicly owned tax funded stations, maybe can convince the owning org to make exceptions through political activism

But privately owned stations? businesses can arbitrarily refuse service to anyone.

markz said:
Yes, "the others" would be the angry EV driver that has to wait who has a cell phone or email account, to rat the e-bicyclist out. Thats the way society has gone, snowflakes with ego's who need safe spaces.

john61ct said:
I'd bet Tesla and the others will quickly put a stop to that if it becomes popular

Charging a completely empty NTO 500wh battery using a 4400 Wh charger would take less than 7 minutes....so that means the average charge might be 5 minutes. That wouldn't hold up anyone. The trouble comes if rental mopeds ever became super popular. Then you might have a situation where they are everywhere like those bird scooters. Speaking of bird they used to have a moped called the cruiser which I think they rented in certain cities. Not sure what happened to it.

Every second counts, why do you think people speed? They dont gain much, if any time.

ebike4healthandfitness said:
Charging a completely empty NTO 500wh battery using a 4400 Wh charger would take less than 7 minutes....so that means the average charge might be 5 minutes. That wouldn't hold up anyone. The trouble comes if rental mopeds ever became super popular. Then you might have a situation where they are everywhere like those bird scooters. Speaking of bird they used to have a moped called the cruiser which I think they rented in certain cities. Not sure what happened to it.

My point has nothing to do with "us" actually being a problem.

The point is, the EV industry is only funding its networks for selfish reasons

idealism has zero to do with it.

Helping their wealthy customers full of righteous indignation feel smugly superior excluding those poorer,

even just keying into all the anti-bicycling prejudice out there

would be a hugely popular move.

I feel very confident "for EV use only" signs are not far off at all, may already have started where nomadic vanlife and RVers are plentiful.

markz said:
Every second counts, why do you think people speed? They dont gain much, if any time.

ebike4healthandfitness said:

That Tesla to ebike adapter I posted earlier has four 220v 20 amp outlets coming from it. So (using that adapter) one Tesla station could handle 4 NTO battery mopeds and I'm sure Tesla and a company like bird come up with something even better.

Are you sure **each** of those 4 outlets handles 20A?

80A total, 17.6kW?

That would recharge a 35Ah 72V (32S) LTO bank in ten minutes. Tech readily available today. . .

john61ct said:
Are you sure **each** of those 4 outlets handles 20A?

80A total, 17.6kW?

I'm not sure but I do know the Tesla destination chargers come with up to 100 amp circuit breakers so running 80 percent of that would be 4 x 20 amps.

The upstream capacity has little to do with that specific gadget.

And as always, assuming they are honest is pretty silly. With this sort of gear, do your due diligence and try to verify all claims.

NEMA 5-15 standard is intended for 110-125V only. It is also rated for 15A only.

It is very common for multiple 5-15 outlets to feed off one 20A circuits.

However per code, if you need to feed a 20A device, there must be only one outlet per 20A circuit, so a duplex receptacle would require two completely separate 20A circuits.

For 220V use, code requires a NEMA 6-15 if amps drawn is 15A or less, and 6-20 "T-slot" outlet for 20A

Such cheating might fly in third world nations, but in developed countries it sure smells like scammer city to me, and it is very likely dangerous to take their word on anything.

In more civilised well regulated countries than the US, you could be arrested maybe even jailed for carrying such a device.

In this thread we talked about the fast charge rates of LTO and then NTO batteries.....but then I began to read about solid state batteries which are supposed to increase both density and charge rate.

That is pretty exciting for charging and Regen.

Back