Voicecoils's 2nd build: Giant DH Team

More updates.

The box has been styled, and programmed for the CNC mill.

Actually, I machined it today at lunchtime, but haven't got the pics ready yet, I'll get those pics up soon. It came out a bit rough, but good enough.

But...I've had a set back, one of the tab welds failed on my pack. Full_Throttle soldered it back on, but after 4Ah the BMS tripped, and the cell was at 2.1v (compared to 3.3v for the rest). It's charging now, and I'll let it balance for ages (and check it), but I think the cell is dead.

Anyway, John at e-mtb is looking after me, we'll get a replacement cell in there, but hook or by crook. I have to, I don't think the battery box will be big enough for a different layout or 20 screw tops.

Mark

Attachments

• machining_box.jpg
    machining_box.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 509
Nice work there Mark TBH I thought the first one the fellas did for you was
pretty good too! Are you going with fibreglass or carbon fiber? the size of it i wouldn't
think the carbon fiber option would be too pricey?...The battery enclosure
i recently knocked up from fiberglass used less glass than i expected but more resin...
I could of got away with ~2 meters of fiberglass, in CF it would of been ~AU160 worth though
cost less than 60 bucks all up in glass and resin though ...

Best of luck, good too see your getting away from the duct tape/battery setup....finally :mrgreen:

KiM

Fibreglass cause I'm gunna paint it to hide the bog Kim....

New thread here: LINK!!

Back