Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

hello everyone, I read almost all the lines but I didn't understand much , I want to put a weak current at the first speed of 30-40A and speed limit, and then everything is 100%, I bought the kit 2 years ago 3000w votol 150 sp, so can I do it or not ?

Goldikc said:
hello everyone, I read almost all the lines but I didn't understand much , I want to put a weak current at the first speed of 30-40A and speed limit, and then everything is 100%, I bought the kit 2 years ago 3000w votol 150 sp, so can I do it or not ?

You have an EM-150sp? What does your usb cable look like?

I bought this controller from someone on EBay and he sent me a Non-canbus cable even though it’s stamped CAN on the controller. Does anyone have info about the cab bus cable?

squall333 said:
I bought this controller from someone on EBay and he sent me a Non-canbus cable even though it’s stamped CAN on the controller. Does anyone have info about the cab bus cable?
It identifies as a pl2303 usb to serial converter but there's a CAN termination chip on there too, can't make out the markings unfortunately. My guess is it "should" work with any serial port (ie, usb serial) CAN interface, might be able to check that next time I'm plugging in but that wont be for a week or so (everything stripped down at the mo).

Hello. Does someone know (or could someone check in working system with QS motor) what is voltage variation between hall sensor signal pin and negative pin when turning the wheel and hall connector of Votol controller is connected to the motor hall connector? I am not successful to make my newly acquired EM-50S working with non-QS hub motor. When measuring the voltage it varies between 0.5V and 3.3V. On my working setup with different brand of controller voltage varies between 5V and 0V as it should be I suppose. I think maybe QS motors have some different kind of hall sensors that’s why sellers write that “votol may not work properly with other brand motors sometimes”. Or maybe my votol has faulty hall port. Your help on this is appreciated.

Ok i have an EM100 now thats working with the programming cable i have the qs3kw mid motor i followed these settings

https://www.site-watcher.com/css/images/votol/PortSettings.png
https://www.site-watcher.com/css/images/votol/page3.png
https://www.site-watcher.com/css/images/votol/page2.png
https://www.site-watcher.com/css/images/votol/page1.png

It works, but not as expeced. The throttle doesnt do anything

But if i move the wheel by hand it automatically spins up to max RPMS

Hello to all
I have read the entire forum
My EM100 is SW2.32 and HW1.13
Do i use the latest software or an older one?
Im afraid to mess the controller but the problem is the new manual, is very confusing but the older manual posted by LARSB is very clear, but not sure wich of the older software to use and if is dangerous to use and older version... please advise
Thanks for keeping this thread alive :thumb:

I think i have the same version hardware and software and the new version of the program worked fine for me

Yes i used the latest but on page 2, the right boxes of Flux Weakening ánd Speed percentages are different now from the old manual, so im confused in using the new soft that i dont fully understand or the older that is clear to me but not sure if might mess the controller, do you have some clesr info on those values please?

luisoduran said:
Yes i used the latest but on page 2, the right boxes of Flux Weakening ánd Speed percentages are different now from the old manual, so im confused in using the new soft that i dont fully understand or the older that is clear to me but not sure if might mess the controller, do you have some clesr info on those values please?
Don't touch the right hand values. Apparently the app is very misleading on what those values do, they don't relate in any simple way to the left hand values and instead relate to other things like waveform shape. So far there doesn't seem to be any documentation on them and they seem to vary a lot between generations of controllers. Many of the badly messed up settings in this thread may be coming from adjusting those including getting locked out of the controller and settings not registering after saving

For that very same reason, after reading this thread, im askingbif using the old versionnof the software is possible with a
SW2.32 and HW1.13
And maybe that way the parameters will do what is on the old manual, anyone have tried that please ?
Thanks

Hello I've recently purchased an Em150s
My hall wires are reading out to be 120⁰
No damage either
Phase wires seem to be okay to
My throttle also shows it is in working condition via ebike tester
For a short period of time I was able to spin up hubmotor with throttle, now I am unable to!

Please help as I am confused on what is the problem as of now
Receiving 00000080 or 00000280 error code
For hall fault or both hall fault and controller failure.

Cannot get it out of park

Attachments

• 20210628_202129.jpg
    20210628_202129.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 990
  • 20210628_202136.jpg
    20210628_202136.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 990
  • 20210628_202143.jpg
    20210628_202143.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 991
  • 20210628_202149.jpg
    20210628_202149.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 990
  • 20210628_202155.jpg
    20210628_202155.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 991
Ok will try this. I just plugged in my spare throttle tested it to and it runs fine throttle but once plugged in. Still shows hall fault. I also retested the motor hall and motor winding and it is all showing no damage and running okay... so hopefully it's just this then?

spkeezy said:
Goldikc said:

You have an EM-150sp? What does your usb cable look like?

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 962
I removed park input as well as changed it to pc15 and it did not fix :( any other possible solutions?

Set every thing to empty function except what you definitely need to get it working and go from there

I have a general wiring question semi related to the votol controllers.

I have the 72v controller and matching 72v speedometer

This one https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-adjustable-DKD-LIN-CAN-BUS_1600233312506.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.13614251ALAGuE

Its powered at 72v but every other light on most vehicles is 12v. Turn signals, headlight, tail light.

How am i supposed to wire a 12v turn signal relay to a 72v system?

DC to DC converter

3 prong plug. Take red power wire and tap into power battery cable or hook it directly above or below power cable lug on the controller.
Follow same steps but with the black ground wire to ground cable.. etc.
Then take yellow wire tap into the ignition wire I believe

Might be wrong but that's how I have it done

I think i need a 72v relay. So all the voltage on the handlebar buttons are 72v so id need a relay to swith the 12v stuff from the 72v stuff

Back