----WAYNE'S GIANT DH----video now on page 4

Screen Shot 2012-08-14 at 4.26.21 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-08-14 at 4.26.40 PM.jpg
I am now using the original mount for my rear battery off the seat post. The front fork mount is fine for road riding as long as you are moving and leaning into the corners to turn but for single track trail riding I find the weight is much nicer back where I have it now. It wheelies a bit easier but I like that and it still feels nicely balanced to me even though it looks look most of the weight is to the rear. Still loving the Mac 10t. I feel for the 1600 watt package this is a winner on the trails.

Finally made a video today.

Link here....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPXRYM-rgcQ&feature=youtu.be

nice world you got there, wayne!

dare i say, wayne's world. :p

lucy is awesome. incredible scenery and a great build for those trails! very clean. made me think i should toss the plastic axle caps on my ghetto build. :lol:

to embed, just click the youtube button, put the cursor between the bracketted tags and paste the youtube vid id, what comes after v=, this "xPXRYM-rgcQ"

doing the honors for you:
[youtube]xPXRYM-rgcQ[/youtube]

Nice video Wayne, way to go on the build!

It appears to be dog approved as well!

Where is Dogman for his stamp of approval?? :p

Nice setup Wayne, looks like your battery placement confirms my fears of having the packs up front for my DH build. I had planned on mounting them on the forks, but might have to rethink this. Looks like your 10t Mac is very similar to my v2t BMC. I find it just right for trail riding with my top speed at 23mph on 12S. My current setup is a bit more nimble than a DH frame. Single track is my favorite form of riding.

Kfong.......I do support the up front and high battery mount on the forks for riding that is 10 MPH and above. It worked way better than I thought for when you are leaning in and out of corners but for me I just prefer super slow trail riding and when you get into the real tight stuff I am happier with my extra pack back where it is. It did a ride a few months ago with some buddies ridding non electrics and the trail was super tight and switchy and with my battery up high like it was and on the front it was killing me. After a 2 hour ride my little arms were killing me. I am now in business for the tight stuff I feel.

Second thing I think I have learned with this build and especially with the geared motor is not to let the rear wheel spin at full throttle when air born especially if when climbing. I have learned to shut down the throttle for even the slightest moments in flight as when landing the motor takes a beating. I have sheered one key pin and fried my old motor not paying attention to this rule.

And thanks for the encouragement guys.

Back