Weird bafang acceleration problem. Is the controller broken or not :/

regan03

10 mW
Problem: Acceleration decreases immediately after pushing the throttle/pedalling.

Video (the throttle is pushed constantly for the first half of the video)

Acceleration decreases immediately after pushing the throttle/pedalling. Although I dont stop pushing the throttle nor pedalling. As it shows in the video.

Acceleration works properly (for a second) only when the chainring is stopped. If the chainring is already moving, pedalling/pushing the throttle doesn't do much.

This issue started manifesting from time to time at first and then more and more often. Now it's permanently stuck like this unfortunately, I can't use it :(

What I tried to fix the problem:
- bafang software. Modified a bunch of settings several times with no success though.
- opened the motor and reasembled it (i'm not a very technical guy lol).

The motor is BBSHD 1000W 48V

Last edited:
I can't see the video, but need clarification. What is the case where the chain ring is moving without throttle or pedaling? Is it moving when not under power?

Acceleration works properly (for a second) only when the chainring is stopped. If the chainring is already moving, pedalling/pushing the throttle doesn't do much.
I was going to guess a throttle or throttle connection issue, but the chainring moving by itself is odd.

was going to guess a throttle or throttle connection issue, but the chainring moving by itself is odd
Oh what I was refering to was the 1-2 seconds the chainring continues rotating (then motor keeps running) after you stop pedaling/throttling (it doesn't stop the split second you stop pedaling, continues for a bit after). You know what I mean? It's a normal default setting in the controller no poltergeist involved lol.

I can't see the video, but need clarification. What is the case where the chain ring is moving without throttle or pedaling? Is it moving when not under power?

I was going to guess a throttle or throttle connection issue, but the chainring moving by itself is odd.
No idea? :(

Back