Weird issue with Sabvoton 72150 or something else?

harmonist

10 W
I have an issue where my bike completely dies, the controller will light up and show no errors in the app however there will be zero power when turning the throttle, this has happened twice now, the first time it magically started working again the next day with no issues, fast forward a few months and its happened again, I attempted fault finding by checking wiring etc but couldn't figure it out, fast forward 2 days, I turn it on and its all working fine again.

Can anyone recommend what fault finding things I should be doing, I don't even know if its the controller, could maybe be a throttle or bms issue?

Specs are
Sabvoton 72150 controller, screen fried so have the done bypass by always having the bluetooth dongle plugged in
QS205 motor
72v 20ah battery from em3ev
Domino throttle

Some things you can check:

Does the app shows the system voltage? Make sure it is above the LVC and below the HVC set in the controller. (if its' lower than LVC or higher than HVC, the controller won't operate).

Does it show the throttle voltage? Make sure it shows it changing as you turn it, and within the range set in the controller for valid throttle. (if it's higher than the max range the controller may have a safety shutoff; sometimes a bad ground on a throttle will cause it to go all the way up to the source voltage, usually 5v).

IF the controller powers on at all, it's not the BMS, because that only either turns on, or off, nothing between.

Yes we have system voltage, its between LVC and HVC. It shows throttle voltage however the throttle voltage doesn't change as I turn the throttle even though the wheel is spinning correctly, maybe I have an issue there? I might redo the throttle wires and see if that helps.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230405_124958_MQCON.jpg
    Screenshot_20230405_124958_MQCON.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230405_125011_MQCON.jpg
    Screenshot_20230405_125011_MQCON.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 4
Back