Stealth Bomber Clone Throttle & Brake Light Issue

leroi_of

1 µW
Hey I've got this weird issue that I have no idea where to begin. Alright so I've got this 72v, 8k watt Stealth Bomber Clone on a 72150 Sabvoton controller. Over the weekend something happened that I can't figure out.

The throttle stopped working as well as the brake lights. However, ONLY when I hold the wires together really tight they work.

Anyone know what I should do?

Please advise

wire 2.jpgwire 1.jpg

Replace the connector and look at the wire itself and most importantly look at the solder or mechanical attachment. Take off the heat shrink if you have to. You could just snip the mystery connectors off and use genuine connectors. If problems still occur, then look at the other end of those same wires, look to see if there is any insulation damage that could have the conductors touching a controller case, could be water ingress into the connector. Worse comes to worse, replace the wires for the throttle and light. Do the simple, easy things first to try and fix the issue.

Replace the connector and look at the wire itself and most importantly look at the solder or mechanical attachment. Take off the heat shrink if you have to. You could just snip the mystery connectors off and use genuine connectors. If problems still occur, then look at the other end of those same wires, look to see if there is any insulation damage that could have the conductors touching a controller case, could be water ingress into the connector. Worse comes to worse, replace the wires for the throttle and light. Do the simple, easy things first to try and fix the issue.
Dude thank you. I'm a complete noob when it comes to Electric & appreciate you not looking down upon me.

I also really want to learn all about "electric"

Based off your advise I did exactly that. Turns out the wires were being pinched between the fork and the frame. I just cut the wires & used heatshrink butt splices to connect new wiring and it worked like a charm. Thanks so much

Back