What is best controller/display combination for the most linear throttle effect

richj8990

100 W
In other words, if the thumb throttle moves exactly one inch around the handlebars back to front, if you push the throttle 1/2 inch, you get 50% of the bike's peak power. I know in reality you probably cannot get exactly 50% throttle from moving it 50%, but in the ballpark would be nice!

I've noticed that in general, KT controllers ramp up the throttle too much; they lag during the first 35% of the thumb throttle's travel, then maybe between 35-50% you can get 'some' modulation of watts that are between 20-50% of peak power, then over 50% throttle travel it wants to shoot up quickly to max watts. That's fine on pavement but not so fun up steeper singletrack, where you are trying to keep both handlebars steady. The SW900 / 810LED is better at modulating power through the throttle, but I don't like how large the display is, and would like to keep the display smaller like an LCD5. Any opinions?

There are controllers and displays that can be programmed with custom throttle ramping.

Might also help to use a potentiometer based throttle instead of a hall sensor based one.

Back