What's the best treatment for KFF?

Tea tree oil (melaleuca) is soothing, disinfectant, and clinically proven to accelerate healing of burns. It's also natural and doesn't contribute to antibiotic resistance. I use it on all my burns and small cuts and abrasions. If I want it in ointment form, I mix drops of tea tree oil with dabs of shea butter, cocoa butter, or petrolatum.

Chalo said:
Tea tree oil (melaleuca) is soothing, disinfectant, and clinically proven to accelerate healing of burns. It's also natural and doesn't contribute to antibiotic resistance. I use it on all my burns and small cuts and abrasions. If I want it in ointment form, I mix drops of tea tree oil with dabs of shea butter, cocoa butter, or petrolatum.
Spot on. Been in my cabinet for 27 years.

Probably lots of places; I'd bet that many grocery stores have it, and if they don't in your area then places like Sprouts (or similar) would.

I have it in the stuff I use on my dogs' ears whenever they do something dumb and get an ear infection from it.

As for burns, I use aloe vera, the gel directly from the plants (I always have them growing around the yard in several places). I cut a whole "leaf" off, then use a fishknife to slice it along it's length/width kinda like a bagel, and then I use the serrated edge of the knife to scrape up and down the gel inside to break it open, and then smear it on the burns. (or cuts, etc). Then I use a bandage wrap or similar to secure the rest of the split leaf, inside toward my skin, over the affected area, and change it out for new sections as needed.

At the risk of sounding like your mother or ninth grade shop teacher :(

Would a Battery Management System reduce or eliminate these types of burns by disconnecting the pack output by turning off the FETs when it senses a high current or are BMSs too slow to help in these cases?

Stumbled across a very old post by methods...(2008)

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7169

file.php

spinningmagnets said:

I had burnt my fair share of connectors. I am lucky that the most I ever got was some black residue on my hands and that was it.

What usually happens is just the connector tips melts while going to make the connection so the tip just melts and that is all.

However, someone recently told me that he was connecting his main battery wires and the whole thing just sparked and he needed surgery on his hands. I'm not sure how that could reach his hands because the tip would touch first and melt and stop the connection before reaching his hands.

Depends on alot of things, with high enough voltage and a battery that can pump out a bunch of amps, the plasma arc might not stop at the connector (which could itself be quite large on a beefy pack).

That's potentially a lot of molten metal flying around at high speed.

Also depends how the connector is being held, and the design of the connector itself. Some are much better at containing an arc, or directing it away from the user, though by their nature if you're holding one in each hand and the shit hits the fan, at least one of your hands is likely to get it.

Joining the kff-club :bigthumb: :oops:

Attachments

• 138703195_248789546873793_14774859014813851_n.jpg
    138703195_248789546873793_14774859014813851_n.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 317
  • 139741758_228182155471548_320634298389780912_n.jpg
    139741758_228182155471548_320634298389780912_n.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 317
Back