When i push the throttle the engine stops and sometimes start to go in reverse (when reverse i can full throttle)

Mati5300

100 µW
Hello guys, i havn't found a topic related to this problem him so i decided to open a post.

It's a KT controller and KT-Lcd3 display, tested with 2 generic thumb throttles from aliexpress, it did the same with both of them.

It's a mid drive build i did myself on my mtb, whenever i push the throttle it gets to a point when the motor just stops and i need to pull back the throttle and once again the motor starts and stop if i reach a certain point.

The weird part is that sometime when i do the above, the motor stop and decide to change direction and go reverse, and when it goes reverse i can push the throttle all the way.

Needless to say that the battery didn't reach in bms or the lvc..

Anyone?? Thanks in advance guys! :(

Sounds like incorrect phase/hall wiring. Don't assume the colors should match between the controller and motor. The motor should start in the correct direction without hesitating or vibrating every time. You probably need to try swapping some of the hall/phase wires to get a smooth start in the right direction. Don't give full throttle if the combination isn't right or something could fail.
Here's an old topic on it:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3484
There are a few newer, better topics, but I'd have to search.

Back