E bike hub motor stops on full throttle

usman

1 µW
Hi
I recently made an e bike
It's of 64 volts battery and 48v 500w hub motor rear wheel
So the problem is that when I newly made it...it was working fine....it was soo much good speed and was working excellent on full throttle
Everything was fine
Today when I when to ride...and when I gave full throttle the hub motor slows down to very very slow speed nearly to stop....and then when I did half throttle the bike is fine....I don't know why is it happening
My battery doesn't have a BMS also
And when I gave full throttle the voltage is also not dropping
As I don't have a budget so
I made a battery out of 4 rechargeable dry lead acid batteris and a lithium 12v 20amps battery(without BMS) all of them connected in series
When i newly made it full throttle was going but why its not going now
I bought clips to attach the wires to to the terminal of the batteries but no goes good
The hub motor still stops
I am very sad
I don't know what to do

Two things to check first:

Does it work with only the four SLA, and no extra batteries? If so, the 48v controller is probably unable to deal with the extra voltage (and has become damaged enough to not work as a 60v system).

If it doesn't, then check the throttle signal output voltage. It might have changed so it now goes higher than the controller allows, and is now shutting down because it thinks the throttle is "stuck" or overvoltage.

Or the ground wire or connection to the throttle could be damaged or loose, causing the same effect.

A couple problems..
+ I'm betting your controller is rated for 63v max ( capacitor and mosfet rating ) and you exceeded that ( fully charged, the batteries might be 70v ).. maybe did some damage
+ Is your wiring adequate?
+ how many AH are the lead acid batteries? I'm betting the output is inadequate.

Also you should know that charging this battery as a whole unit is super dangerous because the lithium battery will have a different fully charged voltage than the lead acid batteries.

I have a very similar problem going down with my bike. My front hub motor Bafang 750w keeps like shorting out when I hit the throttle . It takes off but harshly when I hit the throttle to where sometimes i will feel like it vibrating feeling like it's getting to much power or something. I noticed when I ride over bumps and large cracks it cuts out and back on very quick. After this happens for a while motor will just cut out. Everytime. So I will power the bike off then back on the front motor will be working again. Sometimes when It doesn't cut back on I will have to hold the brake on it and throttle it hard to get it to cut back on . So eventually what happens usually what it will do especially when I'm on a real bumpy ride it will eventually just cut out completely and the rear motor will only work. I also noticed that the batteries sart ing to drain quicker while this happens as well. I have had nine eBikes before this one and never seen this happen. I've checked the motor wire to controller and it appears to be fine hape and connected. Battery wires are fine. I can't figure out what is causing this to happen. Here is how the bike is setup. Dual Bafang 750w 48v hub motors , Dual 52v 22ah batteries , dual 48v/52v controllers , w/ half twist throttle. What could be the problem?

Back