Will my controller be OK with a 52v battery?

Jdevon

100 µW
Hi all,

My 48v battery has finally worn out which has served me well and I am about to buy a replacement.
I was thinking about replacing it with a 52v 20ah battery and from the research I have done it would appear that it would be safe to do so and compatible.
Looking at the controller info given which says nominal voltage 48v-52v I'm pretty sure it would be OK (from my limited knowledge) but just wanted to check.
Would this cause any problems? Or would I be better to stick with 48v?

Many thanks
20240203_143522.jpg

The only potential issue is that the LVC on the controller will be for 48v, so it'll be about 3.something volts low for a 52v pack, and the battery meter on the display (if any) will also probably be setup for 48v. As long as you keep that in mind, that it won't show that it's really low until it's *really* low or even empty, and wont' shut off as early as it should to keep from pushing the battery hard, it should be ok.

The only potential issue is that the LVC on the controller will be for 48v, so it'll be about 3.something volts low for a 52v pack, and the battery meter on the display (if any) will also probably be setup for 48v. As long as you keep that in mind, that it won't show that it's really low until it's *really* low or even empty, and wont' shut off as early as it should to keep from pushing the battery hard, it should be ok.
If i adjusted the LVC with the programming cable would that solve this issue?

Back