Wireless Wii Nunchuck *TESTERS WANTED

gcebiker said:
could data from the x axis be passed to D10, for control of another ESC ?

One output for motor speed, another for steering ?

Would there be a possibility for a wireless 'dumbed down' version of your board ?
..Tiny85 processor, two ESC/servo outputs, two Digital (Button C,Z) - with the wireless dongle from the Wii still pluging in as you have it ?

//i am using your wiiciever code atm but cant find where to zero the throttle, on the serial output i have to have a reading of 0.25 before the motor stops.
I would like it that if i release the joystick the motors stop.

PM me. The tiny84/85 doesn't have hardware PWM and can't really use a nunchuck and servoes at the same time. The nunchuck can't do 100% in two axes at the same time. But if you don't need a lot of control its possible. We can talk in PM

psychotiller said:
You're misunderstanding me...If im not pulling the stick to the right for 5 seconds at full speed "ever" Why would my C button "ever" take me to full speed?

It should never happen. Can you send a video of the board/controller/wiiceiver lights with this happening, so I can diagnose?

In cruise, the only way or will accelerate is if you're holding the stick more than halfway up, or auto-cruise is set crazy high. Have you tried resetting the auto level?

Re-grab goes to the previous cruise (like "resume" in your car), and resets to zero, effectively the auto cruise level, if you use the joystick at all while not cruising. I use all these features daily and haven't seen this issue, but if you send a video of the lights while it's happening I can troubleshoot.

austindavid said:
psychotiller said:
You're misunderstanding me...If im not pulling the stick to the right for 5 seconds at full speed "ever" Why would my C button "ever" take me to full speed?

It should never happen. Can you send a video of the board/controller/wiiceiver lights with this happening, so I can diagnose?

In cruise, the only way or will accelerate is if you're holding the stick more than halfway up, or auto-cruise is set crazy high. Have you tried resetting the auto level?

Re-grab goes to the previous cruise (like "resume" in your car), and resets to zero, effectively the auto cruise level, if you use the joystick at all while not cruising. I use all these features daily and haven't seen this issue, but if you send a video of the lights while it's happening I can troubleshoot.

Yeah, I'll get some video soon

I need 3 as soon as you have them. I have a couple of friends bugging me to get them set up.

psychotiller said:
I need 3 as soon as you have them. I have a couple of friends bugging me to get them set up.

nice. I've got all the parts, just waiting for PCBs. We're still expecting to have about 50 ready to go in early July. I think that batch is about half sold out, I may pre-order a bunch of boards if this keeps up.

austindavid said:
nice. I've got all the parts, just waiting for PCBs. We're still expecting to have about 50 ready to go in early July. I think that batch is about half sold out, I may pre-order a bunch of boards if this keeps up.

"Do you see what happens Larry?!"
Do you see.jpg

austindavid said:
I think that batch is about half sold out, I may pre-order a bunch of boards if this keeps up.

Great to hear.. its a really nice product :D

And I got the first one... Im making that clear on public media so that when these guys are rich and famous I have bragging right on this!

Hey guys - please put me down for 1. I contacted torque previously but just wanted to make sure you had me on the list.

The madcatz wireless nunchuck seems to work also. I have only tested in on the bench so far. I will take it for a ride in a few hours and let you know how it went.

DodgyBob said:
The madcatz wireless nunchuck seems to work also. I have only tested in on the bench so far. I will take it for a ride in a few hours and let you know how it went.

Nice, thanks. That thing looks just like a Memorex. Do you have both? Can you confirm that it's pretty much the same thing?

I have a nyko also. The madcatz is a bit slimmer. Both loose connection quite often. Especially in cruisecontrol. It threw me off the board today. When the controller looses connection my instinct is to move the stick around to see if it responds. Then when my connection comes back suddenly i brake or accelerate without anticipating. I lost control after a very hard brake and went into the bushes next to the road, so a soft landing fortunately.

These connection problems are making it unreliable for me. The wii-board seems fine. Its the bluetooth thats unstable in these wireless nunchuks. I tried the latest firmware and also tried to pull apart the antenna of the nyko as you described. It helped a bit, but as long as it drops connection even onlye once in a while I cannot trust it fully. This makes me very nervous on the board

Edit
My 2.4 ghz remote and receiver have not lost connection even once. If only we could combine the stable connection of 2.4ghz with a nunchuk!

where on the board is it mounted? I mentioned that mine was under my back foot, and no longer drops once I moved it forward toward the center of the board, where my foot/leg isn't in the way of the signal.

For the Nyko the battery level also makes a difference, but only around 2.5v. I ran a set of AAA NiMH for about a week, with about 5-10 hours of actual usage, with no issues.

There's been some discussion about moving the nunchuck adapter on top of the board, but I'm not a big fan of the idea. Shouldn't be too hard to do if you want to give it a try.

Messing around with one of the Wii motion sensor adaptors I was able to mount the bluetooth outside my battery box last night. My goal is to be able to plug the blue tooth module into a port on the back/drop through of the deck. Wii just need to make a jumper wire with the proper plugs and wii can mount it wherever wii want.
Here's a pic:
bluetooth1.jpg
bluetooth2.jpg

torqueboards said:
@psychotriller -- awesome work! I think that would work well. Have you been experiencing any drops or not at all?

No. seems to be working nicely.

Hi everybody,
I am new on this forum but I follow this topic for quite a moment now. I am going to build a electric skateboard myself, and I will defenitly use the wiiceiver you guy's invented. My skateboard project is in an early stage so I can't test the wiiceiver yet. (I can't wait to test it when my board is ready!!!) But I was searching for a cheap Wii nunchuck and I found this 2,4 GHz Wii nunchuck.

http://www.digitopz.com/wii-rechargeable-24ghz-wireless-nunchuck-controller-p-144.html

Maybe will this nunchuck combine the positive features of a 2,4 GHz remote and a nunchuck as suggested by DodgyBob. As I explained earlier I can't test if this specific nuchuck works with the wiiceiver. But I think this connection can be stable enough for a pleasant ride, since the discription on the website tells me that this nunchuck has a range of 6 meters. I also read a couple of reviews om dealextream.com and everybody was quite positive about the range (and the rest of the nunchuck).

To read the comments yourself (scroll down):
http://www.dx.com/p/2-4g-wireless-nunchuck-controller-for-wii-white-black-71812#.U5x0QPl_tyU
(I think those two nunchucks are the same, because the buttons and style is the same.)

Keep up the good work guys!

Interestingly my wiimote never looses conection.
Every once in a while the initial bind takes a couple tries, but once bound connection is flawless unless my batteries start to dwindle... then the connection might stutter a bit (just ike the Quanum)
The 2 AAAs in my wiimote seem to last just as long as 4 AAAs on my quanum...

beto_pty said:
Interestingly my wiimote never looses conection.

Ditto. I had one bad day, then a few sporadic incidents. After I unpacked the base antenna and move it to the center of the board it has been very stable. I've ordered the other unit (claiming 6m range) but if its like the Memorex I'm not sure I'll like it as much -- my Memorex has an iffy C button, and I like being able to replace the batteries when I'm several miles from home.

Hi guys can you please put my name down for some!

Bruno sent me one of his wii nunchucks a while back it was an off the shelf 2.4ghz chuck that paired with a noarmal car receiver, not sure how it worked but he dusnt sell them any more and I ran over mine with the car.

jacobbloy said:
Hi guys can you please put my name down for some!

Bruno sent me one of his wii nunchucks a while back it was an off the shelf 2.4ghz chuck that paired with a noarmal car receiver, not sure how it worked but he dusnt sell them any more and I ran over mine with the car.

Added you to the list jacob.

I've got perhaps 2 that I can send out before the bigger batch comes but been quite busy and lagging on it. Once I get those 2 up and ready I'll go ahead and post here and first come first serve for the 2 wiiceivers -- these are the printed pcb's and plug and play option.

Back