xKillah - Enduro eBike

BigBlock said:
I did some accelaration shot to tune the controller. The knobby tires does not provide good traction on street.
However it can easily win on 0-60km/h vs my KTM 350... it's insane

I still have RPM limited to 75%. I should arrive to 85Km/h max speed with this sprocket size (48t).

Some video coming soon.

super nice build! funny we have the exact same 0 to 60 time

drag.jpg

Very nice build!! It inspires me to build my own frame but I have more learning to do. I don’t even know where to start but if there’s a will there’s a way.
The raw aluminum looks so good, not sure if you plan to paint.

This bike should be called the “Sur Run Daddy”

where do you bought you cell? and what was the price? I see it everywhere out of stock

rider63 said:
where do you bought you cell? and what was the price? I see it everywhere out of stock
I bought 6 months ago from Molicel reseller in UK. Molicel P42A. They costed approx 3,8 Euro each.

BigBlock said:
rider63 said:
I bought 6 months ago from Molicel reseller in UK. Molicel P42A. They costed approx 3,8 Euro each.

thanks you, can you give me a contact? the price I find on internet are almost the double...

Next level. Please say your going to sell or ship the plan. I love everything but the long studs sticking out of the swing-arm. The head tube and head tube to the 3 bolts to the frame is probably my favorite parts. It all fits so tight without any gaps. BTW the photographer did a really good job. The video and sound are excellent. Patiently waiting on a plan to purchase. I would call it a success. You have to let me build one.

BTW you have the video set to content for kids. I can subscribe but I cannot set the bell to notify on new content.

Mourningstar said:
I love everything but the long studs sticking out of the swing-arm.
You are right! I couldn't find the right lenght bolts with 10.1 grade spec... I'm going to replace them soon.

I have no bout that you will find the solutions. The bike runs great on the sand. Can you just cut them and grind the lip smooth? That would be the cheapest. Or you could make the a tube in the center and tap either side and put a bolt in from both side? That eliminates and threaded end sticking out and just have a head headed bolt.

Love you work, quick read and I already saw the right approach to DIY.

What is the weight without suspension? I wanna compare it to the steel 140mm from QulBix.
There are a EU seller that makes DIY framesets like this.

140 Moto FRAME KIT for E-Bikes from them is around the same price as the raw materials.
Weight: 11 kg They also have smaller 76mm version for people build less Surron simps :)

What is the weight without suspension? I wanna compare it to the steel 140mm from QulBix.
There are a EU seller that makes DIY framesets like this.

bearing in mind the comparison is not quite the same -- the xKillah is a mid drive, not to mention a nice prototype. if it went into full production, the manufacturer would put a premium on lowering weight. and a sheet metal frame is never going to compare to this bike's stress tolerance for lateral forces/banking/braking on downhill.

also, could live without the name calling.

also, could live without the name calling.

Misunderstanding - you build a killer "surron" and somebody would build something less with just 76mm frame.
Meaning not you, but somebody who would want to have something less.

I have a old downhill steel frame and want to replace it after switching to ebike. My post was to inquire about options.
Besides this steel plate, there are steel "pipe" endure clones and normal bike frames.

The thing about normal bike frames is that they are designed for specific ebikes or they offer little room for mounting the necessary eq.

I tried a new tyre setup more suitable for on/off road. I got a couple of Shinko 241. Just few miles on it but first impession is very good; they stik very well on both street and hard pack trails.

owhite said:
BigBlock -- what rims do you use?

Good quality rims are becoming pricey and very difficul to find (especially in 16' size) - I bought a decent couple of aluminium rims on Aliexpress and laced and balanced by self. Sometime I needed to slighly machine it to better round. But it works for me faster anche cheaper than buy a fully built Excel wheel.

BigBlock said:
owhite said:
BigBlock -- what rims do you use?

Good quality rims are becoming pricey and very difficul to find (especially in 16' size) - I bought a decent couple of aluminium rims on Aliexpress and laced and balanced by self. Sometime I needed to slighly machine it to better round. But it works for me faster anche cheaper than buy a fully built Excel wheel.

The bike looks so good! Do you have rear linkage for your rear suspension? It looks like it I’m sure that helps a ton! What Chinese brand did you go with for the rim? Did you consider pro wheels? A few months back I rebuilt my rear hub motor into a 16 inch pro wheel but it was the only one I could find available on eBay. Search for excel forever but settled for the pro wheel. Seems to be holding up strong considering I’ve put it through some pretty hard Enduro trails. Also there’s a Chinese company called MXchamp and they make quality rims. I’m actually using their spokes and hubs on my Rmz 250 build. They’re actually more expensive than excel surprisingly considering it’s Chinese.

Eastwood said:
The bike looks so good! Do you have rear linkage for your rear suspension? It looks like it I’m sure that helps a ton!

yes, it definitelly makes riding easier and smoother - The linkage is designed to have a progressive ratio and I've also improved the geometry over the Surron design that on my simulations have some dead spot during the travel

Back