XT30/XT60/XT90 questions

Big Tom

10 W
I am having difficulty finding out information/understanding connectors from my battery (52v, 7p .... max-burst 47a, max const 36a). I have a few questions if someone can help me with answers. I am also not very intelligent when it comes to totally understanding amps and stuff.

I have been looking at upgrading my connectors (battery to controller) I am looking at an XT90. Is there any special version of this I should have.

My trike setup also has a 52v-12v reducer so I can operate 12v items (12-9v horn, usb chargers, ect). I have been looking at a XT30 (like the tiny size) or if I have to, a XT60 to connect the battery to the reducer but I worry if the XT30 would be able to handle the amps.

It is unbelievable but I have not been able to find actual measurements for a XT30 or XT60, not worried about the weight. I am mostly concerned with diameter (what size hole required for it to fit through).

Thank you, Tom

XT-60 Dimensions.jpg

Do a Google image search for XT-60 dimensions. Same thing for the other sizes. There are lots of technical drawings.

Looks like an XT-60 will require about an 18mm hole to pass through.

I would say the XT-60 would be a good choice for your system. The 60 means its rated for approximately 60 amps so you have a little bit of a margin for your 47amp peaks.

XT-90 anti spark connectors are nice because they have the anti-spark pre-charge built into them. The downside to the XT-90s is that they take quite a bit of force to connect and disconnect. It can be a bit annoying.

An XT-30 should be way more than enough for your 12v lighting and charging. I would use whatever connector is easiest for you on the 12v accessories. It doesn't sound like you are drawing much current.

If you aren't really good at soldering you can buy most of these connectors with a wiring pigtail already soldered.

Good luck.

Thank you, that is what I was looking for but never found in my over 4 different Google & Bing searches. All I could get in my searches were technical information like the XT30 smokes fast at 60amps peak load with an 18 gauge wire .... lol. Lots of technical info but no basic measurements which was why I said it was unbelievable that I could not find the info.

Tom

Back