Your Creation's Before & After Pics

Many greetings this is my horse ! :wink:
This is the Stinky stinker kona, I go to work every day in the middle of the maritime pine forest. 1000 watts Motor RAMPICHINO Ciclitek - Battery36v 10SP4 12AHt ligh weight but to go 10km max power .Perfect for jumping " strong component ". For use every day, alternating 3 battery packs in rotation day by day, this use considerably extends the life of the batteries giving time to chemical stabilization.
ps.A little imagination to understand how it was before :thumb:

Attachments

• P1015179.jpg
    P1015179.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,171
  • P1015189.jpg
    P1015189.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,171
  • P1015188.jpg
    P1015188.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,172
Latest look at my beater Cruiser. It started with the $45 used Bafang front motor/wheel/tire from Battery Clearing House.

Middle picture had it a driven by pair of used $23 10s-3P packs from Battery Clearing House. This was the only bike I had that was long enough to hold those batteries.

Last picture shows it with a UPP 48V Hailong pack and a hydraulic disk brake upgrade on the rear. The motor resonates with the metal fender. I've rubber mounted it at the fork, but will have to rubberize the struts too

W7040106.JPG
winter_cruiser.JPG
cruiser.JPG

2014 Novara Buzz
I initially had a Hilltoppers ebike kit install but upgraded to a Bafang rear hub wheel kit.

Attachments

• DA5F3C92-CACF-4FCA-9EC1-9B4344A49C88.jpeg
    DA5F3C92-CACF-4FCA-9EC1-9B4344A49C88.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,963
  • 121926AD-B256-40EA-AE09-455D06FD4B98.jpeg
    121926AD-B256-40EA-AE09-455D06FD4B98.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,963
  • 0C7E2083-52A5-4EC3-927F-4D7C20A829EC.jpeg
    0C7E2083-52A5-4EC3-927F-4D7C20A829EC.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 2,963
My wife asked me if I could build her a single speed e-bike. So I got a nice used mountain bike with a steel frame and started to convert it into an e-bike. The project went smoothly until I somehow thought it would be a good idea to create a battery pack by myself. I got 20 Shengquan LTO cells (2.4 V, 10Ah) and wanted to just bolt them together and fix them somehow to the frame. However, my wife wanted the battery pack to be detachable for easy charging in any place near a power outlet. This was when redesign over redesign started until I finally bought an aluminum case and designed two holders for holding the cells in place. The parts were 3D printed in ASA together with other parts, such as the housing for the Phaserunner, a holder for the headlight and the disk for the PAS. A chain tensioner was printed in 316 stainless steel.
While the battery pack looks a little bit boxy, the performance speaks for itself. The bike can go uphill up to 12% inclination with no gearshift required, and the pack can easily take up 1 kW of electrical energy during regenerative braking. All in all this e-bike rides as an e-bike should :)

Attachments

• 01-rahmen-mondia.jpg
    01-rahmen-mondia.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 2,923
  • 21-akku-vormontiert.jpg
    21-akku-vormontiert.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 2,928
  • 30-ebike-gesamt.jpg
    30-ebike-gesamt.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 2,928
  • 32-akku-details.jpg
    32-akku-details.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 2,927
  • 33-akku-halterung-unten.jpg
    33-akku-halterung-unten.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 2,923
  • 34-akku-halterung-oben.jpg
    34-akku-halterung-oben.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 2,924
  • 36-magnetscheibe-montiert.jpg
    36-magnetscheibe-montiert.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 2,925
  • 38-kettenspanner.jpg
    38-kettenspanner.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 2,925
  • 40-lenker.jpg
    40-lenker.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 2,923
  • 42-lampe.jpg
    42-lampe.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 2,922
Knoot said:
My wife asked me if I could build her a single speed e-bike. So I got a nice used mountain bike with a steel frame and started to convert it into an e-bike.

Great looking build :thumb:
I hope your wife is happy with it (and your effort :wink: )?
What motor and controller did you use and what are the settings (amps peak and continous)? Is this kind of power legal as an ebike where you live?

Awesome build, Knoot. :thumb: I especially like the 1/8th KMC chain. That should last a long time if you take care of it.

Knoot said:
While the battery pack looks a little bit boxy, the performance speaks for itself. The bike can go uphill up to 12% inclination with no gearshift required, and the pack can easily take up 1 kW of electrical energy during regenerative braking. All in all this e-bike rides as an e-bike should :)

Damn dude, that thing is clean.

Thank you very much for your positive replies :)
Well, my wife likes the bike, especially the front basket which she finds cute. At least she did not complain about the amount of time I spent on the built ;)
The design of the drivetrain was inspired by the Stromer e-bike which is very popular here in Switzerland and also exists in a 25 km/h version. I used a MXUS XF40 motor in a dedicated 500W-version and 135 mm dropout width together with a Phaserunner controller, and both components are operating far below their specified limits. According to the legal definitions, the motor supports only up to a speed of 25 km/h, and the actual power output is 6 Wh/km * 25 km/h = 150 W. Motor and controller have not got hot yet :)
I've connected only the three phase wires of the motor and am not using the Hall sensors or the temperature sensor. According to the Grin motor simulator, the battery pack would run empty before the motor would overheat.

I'm attaching some more pictures of the battery built:

The Openscad drawing (after many re-designs and iterations):
20-akku-cad.jpg

The on/off switch:
20-deckel-einzelteile.jpg

A 3D printed Picatinny rail for fastening the pack:
23-picatinny.jpg

The two holders for the cells and the BMS:
30-akku-halterung-oben.jpg
31-akku-halterung-unten.jpg

Routing the cables for the BMS:
32-akku-mit-kabeln.jpg

All BMS cables in place:
35-akku-mit-kabeln-oben.jpg

Voltage measurement:
P1080603.JPG

Hello!!!!!! Tommy L here.... I've been with you guys since 2007 I think. I haven't built in a while..... I moved from Canada to Florida USA 6 years ago. Built my wife a BB 750w bafang with Luna battery..... but not me.... I had the need to hot rod :p lol

just over a year ago I started on my FAT BIKE build:

New Donor ..... Framed Alaskan
- BBSHD
- Phaserunner Controller
- CA3
- Lekkie 42 tooth Bling Ring
- Lekkie Buzz Bars
- 5p 20s 2170 Tesla cells 5,000mah each 24-25ah 84v hot off the charger at 4.2v per cell. 74v nominal Copper Nickel sandwich .1mm copper and .15mm nickle 60 joules and 1500amps on K-Welder
- Blue Ant 80amp BMS with bluetooth.... I really like it :)
- 200mm rotors
- Origin8 Supercell Wire Bead Fat Bike Tires, 26 x 4.0"
- Cirrus Cycles KINEKT 2.1 Aluminum Bike Seatpost with Suspension
- Box 9 Components for ebike... 50-12 rear cassette, derailleur single shift, chain
- Charger 0-120v 20amp.... been working like a champ so far :)

44mph so far.... 3250 watt setting on Phaserunner suite and 29.99amps of Field weakening

Before: Catrike Dumont with Burley Trailer for COSTCO shopping days.
iEu0CXz.jpg

After: Eco-Ebike 52V motor, 860C display, 19.2 Ah battery.
OG8my3m.jpg

Battle Parkinson's Ride a Trike flag:
lbUPxdD.jpg

I built this to help me get to work faster, as I have a 62 mile round trip commute. I don't do it every day, but it sure is nice when I do. I started with an old mountain bike frame. It has a long wheelbase and slack angles to make it stable and comfortable. It has a BBSHD with an EM3EV 52V 24 ah battery. Stock controller.

Before:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mizZZAFEnWPKYYdP7

After:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/n2kqiSpA6PnRAVNd6
https://photos.app.goo.gl/EqbVtYBUzRui4HPC8

It rides really nicely and the battery gives me lots of range at decent assist levels.

Here's the e-kickbike project my son and I finished up last year. It's a Gravity M10 shipped from Spain, with a Bafang 500w front hub motor in the rear (100mm dropout spacing), and a custom 52v 14.5Ah battery in the bag on the deck, which also houses the controller. Motion alarm installed under the deck. Limited to 20mph, he likes to squat down on the deck and ape-hang on the bars, which creates a silhouette on the trail that's creepy as hell, and causes lots of double-takes.

Before
m10-scooter.jpg
After
M10Done.jpg

ford said:
I built this to help me get to work faster, as I have a 62 mile round trip commute. I don't do it every day, but it sure is nice when I do. I started with an old mountain bike frame. It has a long wheelbase and slack angles to make it stable and comfortable. It has a BBSHD with an EM3EV 52V 24 ah battery. Stock controller.

It rides really nicely and the battery gives me lots of range at decent assist levels.

That came a long way, and very nicely. Brutal commute you've got there. I occasionally do a 40-mile rec ride, and afterwards I'm destroyed.

ford said:
I built this to help me get to work faster, as I have a 62 mile round trip commute.
[...]
After:

That's a very nice bike. It makes me wonder how the same person who built it could make such a horribly poor choice of commute.

Both where you live and where you work are up to you, you know.

PXL_20220424_020616277.MP_compress27.jpg

[youtube]pDvDSNjER1A[/youtube]

But that is F A R from the story! I started with absolute garbage, built with nothing but garbage, and did it as fast as I possibly could (on video).

Started with:

$200 completely roached "ebike" from a machinist on Craigslist
* Completely dead battery, reverse engineered it and threw it away
* Box of "parts" - half of them there - half of them were not
* No chain or rear derailleur, front clicker no rear clicker, various cut cables
* No seat, controller and throttle not working
* Front hydraulic brake rattling loose, rear missing bracket and full of air
* Two flat tires, random fasteners loose or missing
* You get the idea. . .

[youtube]xiEALj_fJVc[/youtube]

To that I added the following:
* 4pcs Ryobi adapter
* El'Cheapo Amazon 36V/48V controller that will run sensorless
* Old throttle
* WAGO 221 clips in large and small
* $3 in baby oil

I got it rolling with a front brake, 2pcs Ryobi in a backpack, no chain.... Typical Right?

[youtube]CJVb3wCgEo4[/youtube]
[youtube]bUwj7dmh3Qo[/youtube]

Once I could see it was actually viable, I got the front and rear brakes functioning with a "Ghetto Bleed" - this is baby oil on the side of the road! Got some Ryobi in there...

[youtube]YVatKpnnDzY[/youtube]

I punched it all out SUPER ROUGH - nothing but a drill and a battery saw. I always build rough to figure out where I have gone wrong as soon as possible. In the example below, you can see I put the packs TOO CLOSE TOGETHER! CANT REACH THE RELASE BUTTONS.

[youtube]Bq1QLFeXBqU[/youtube]

Yep - Dont Know, Dont Care.
At this point all I want to know is if it works, in any way

[youtube]C9uASNuZnZ8[/youtube]

Then I got the chain on and the brakes bled out

CHAIN
[youtube]DZ8siAn50Jw[/youtube]

BRAKES - IMPROPER BRAKE JOB, EMERGENCY ONLY, WORKS!
[youtube]M6goS9tKmus[/youtube]

Anyhow, you get the idea

IMG_20220423_104618_compress31.jpg

Those are 465W "Broken Solar Panels" that belt out power all day long. No ingress issues.

PXL_20220424_020633319_compress36.jpg

These days I am far more interested in battery powered propulsion that can survive salt spray. . . but I built this one just because I always wanted to. Original Credit goes to ... eh... er... Doc and ... er... another guy -> They built tool-pack bikes like a decade ago.

-methods

Those have got to be the most disgusting solar panels I've ever seen. But hey, 465 watts is 465 watts. I'm sure you got a good deal on those. Impressive skillset you have there.

IMG_1294.JPGIMG_1295.JPGIMG_1319.JPGInkedIMG_1363_LI.jpg

Chalo said:
ford said:
I built this to help me get to work faster, as I have a 62 mile round trip commute.
[...]
After:

That's a very nice bike. It makes me wonder how the same person who built it could make such a horribly poor choice of commute.

Both where you live and where you work are up to you, you know.

I live in a beautiful place and can ride a rail trail almost the entire commute. I don’t do it everyday, but it’s great when I do. It’s shorter if I take roads, by about 4 miles, but the trail is so much nicer.

Back