Yuba Mundo MGM Compro outrunner drive

Hi
After years of people nagging me to join the endless sphere forum, I finally gave in.
I thought a good start would be showing my personal bike , sharing my experience with converting car alternators to a motors (I made topic in motor section) and building 18650 based batteries (topic in the battery section).

Anyway here is the MGM belt drive on my bike:
yuba mgm.jpg
The motor is 120mm MGM Compro outrunner, with hall and temperature sensors
3KW continuous at 25 degree C
75KV (fully loaded)

I made the mount and the sprockets on my CNC mill
The`re 15/120 tooth front to rear giving ratio of 1:8 on a 26 inch wheel.
The belt is standard 8M HTD toothed belt.

Controller is programmable, 32 bit MGM Compro , 63v max. 50a continuous. It is about half the size of 6 fet xiechang.

Battery is 16s a123 20ah pouches.

Top speed was solid 60km\h.

Reason I wrote 'was' is I scrapped this setup, because the general opinion was that flying on a cargo bike at 60 clicks is retarded.
Other reason was ,it was definitely not stealth , with the whining outrunner hanging in a plain sight in the middle of the bike.

So...version 2:
80100 yuba.jpg

The motor is 80/100 rewound with high temp wire 8 turns in wye, mounted on plate with auxiliary support bearing.

Sprockets are 14/120 for a ratio of 1:8.57

Controller is sensor-less Geentime 15 fet, set at 40A battery 80A phase ( I think , no way to program these).

Battery is the same.

Top speed is 50km\h.

Main advantage of this setup is , that is completely unassuming, once I have the bags on you cannot see anything, and even when I finally point out the motor to people , they don`t believe me it`s powerful enough to move 200kg of cargo bike around.

Observations and experiences:

1.8kw continuous on the 80/100 is absolute max, in order to survive Australian summer. As a proof of concept I went around Melbourne (92km, with a spare battery of course) in 46 degree heat and it did great.

The a123 pouches are crap, the pack didn`t make it through the first summer , one cell died , due to overheating is my guess. The whole pack heats up a bit even at 40A discharge. These were made in south Korea not USA.
This was actually the final blow, after which i started making my own batteries using Panasonic NCR18650PF cells.
I`ve never looked back.

So far 2100kms traveled reliably, the bike is always loaded , the range is about 50 km at 32km/h average (no pedaling).

I`ll try to get better pictures, meantime you can go to the website,there are more belt driven bikes and scooters and other ridiculous contraptions.
Check out the battery page while you`re there :) .

Back