Yuneec E-Go Rebuild and Upgrade!

oripaamoni

10 µW
Hello everybody, been lurking for a bit. I had the BMS on my stock battery go bad, the battery was stuck on,(yes i checked continuity on the switch) so there was no way to use the board unless I would manually plug the battery in and unplug when i am done. I had 2 4s 8000mah from my 1/5 scale RC buggy that I slapped on there. Loved the extra speed and slightly better hill speed. One one of my rides I was going down a long hill and was holding full break, when I came to a stop at the bottom of the hill there was smoke coming out of the motor, and a few mins later the esc stopped powering on.
IMG_3077.jpg

So now I bought a 6355 230kv from diyelectricskateboards.com a VESC and a few motor pulleys to install on my board. Budget is tight right now so I wanted to see if i could retain the stock wheels, trucks, and deck. I went with the 6355 so that when i have the budget for new trucks i can add a second motor and go to a dual setup. I Had to cut away some material on the motor mount and elongate the mounting holes to get the motor to line up.
IMG_3134.jpg
IMG_3137.jpg
View attachment 1
Motor is mounted and ready but I was sent a 12t motor pulley instead of the 13t so there is too much slack in the belt. I got the stock pulley off the original motor but the indent is deeper than the one on the new motor shaft so it won't fit. Once I get the 13t pulley and the VESC I should be all set! I was also considering cutting out a new motor mount that would mount the the stock trucks and let me adjust the tension on the belt. I got a gt2b and printed out the bad wolf mod for now but i am also bought the parts i need to make an NRF nunchuck. I will keep updating this thread incase it is of any help to anybody else.

idealy i would stick with the stock 15mm belt but I cant find a 13t 15mm pully that will fit your motor. I cant find a 230mm 12mm belt so I am going to cut my 15mm belt down to 12mm, or use a 9mm belt on my 12mm pulley.

What do you think fried on your ESC? Do you think it would be possible to upgrade it to accept 10S?

Back