• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Zippy 30C 8Ah lifespan

Beavinator

1 kW
Hello I am switching to these Zippy Flightmax 6s 8000mAh batteries from headway batteries. Does anyone know what the lifespan is on these new Lipos compared to Headways. I will be discharging them at 100Amp max. Thanks :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've got somewhere between 125 and 150 cycles on mine. Still going strong. No noticeable loss of power yet. Got them around mid April and used them daily for commuting to work and shopping etc. Most of those cycles were taken down to somewhere around 80% sometimes 90% and sometimes just a very shallow discharge. I also charge them to 4.1v per cell. I'm only using a 20 amp controller. I'm hoping I can get at least a full years use out of them or somewhere around 365 cycles. The way they are performing so far I wouldn't be surprised if they lasted even longer though.

Oversize the pack to keep your cycles shallow, and seeing 4-digit cycle numbers will be completely possible.

Most folks seem to do something stupid with a BMS or charging mistake or over-discharge to kill LiPo rather than the LiPo itself coming close to wearing out.

liveforphysics said:
Most folks seem to do something stupid with a BMS or charging mistake or over-discharge to kill LiPo rather than the LiPo itself coming close to wearing out.

Ain't that the truth. Even though I know better I just trashed a couple 4s packs by leaving the crap hobby charger plugged into them for 10 days and drained them to .3v :oops: :oops:

Going to replace them with some 6Ah Nano 4s.

Thanks for all the advice! I plan on only taking them down 80% at most. I am going to build a 24Ah pack which should be WAY more than adequate for my application. I am thinking of making it so I can configure the pack in a 16Ah 111V setup for short trips when I wanna have some real fun. I will have to add some sort of switch on the controller to change my power resistor value when I use this setting. I now have to figure out what my best setup for charging this Lipo setup. This is all new to me and I really dont wanna damage my packs. :mrgreen:

Back