zippy lipo 24s 2p 16 ah

alan c

10 W
Just a couple of quik questions. Ive only been using lipo for about 6 months . What voltage should my c a be set at for lvc? Also Ive only ever taken 9 ah out of the pack, how many ah should I be able to safely use from this pack thanks. Ps I only charge it to 95 % :?

Just depends on what you are trying to do.

My aim has become to never discharge below 3.65 unless I must. So that would be set your CA for about 87v. since that would be under load, you'd actually cut out sooner. This assumes of course, that you weeded every wonky cell out of the entrire pack previously, so it stays pretty well balanced at all times.

A CA setting IMO, is one way to protect your pack, but really the best way ( short of individual cell monitoring and cutoff) is to just use the pack much much more conservatively. Using the CA Ah or wh readings, stop way before you'd need any kind of LVC.

You have 16 ah theoretically. Stopping by 10 or 12 ah should result in never getting anywhere near 3.5v, where the lipo really goes off the cliff. To my way of thinking, having a CA means you don't need to set a cutoff. You just know what you've used the whole ride, and stop getting into trouble.

If you are forced to ride to the very end, then 84v resting would be your drop dead voltage. Nothing left below that.

You should be able to get 14 ah out of it for sure, but perhaps less if the amp rate is very high. And over time that will get worse.

Sorry if that was a bit of a lecture. Some think they can set a low lvc, then ride till they hit it every cycle. Then they want to know how come their battery died early later.

80% discharge depth seems to be well agreed on, as about the point where more deep tends to result in less balanced cells. So many just try to stay discharging no more than 80% just so balancing takes less time, or is not needed.

Back