28,000 watt Motoped with 3kwh of nano-tech

It definitely is very fit and athletic looking...hope you are too!!!! As you mentioned the weight is very well placed indeed and as you'd well know the extra bulk of the machine will help massively to iron out niggly trails bumps. I'm going to try a temporary adjustable bracket that bolts to the end of the swingarm to get it right. A bomber is actually near 8'' longer than mine not 5. 52'' also 'looks' more proportionally correct, good stuff.
You mentioned wanting more performance than the aforementioned Stealth Bomber, I'd comfortably say you'd fair smoke one to the point of it being put back on the trailer. They only run 4.5kw peak right? And with the same weight? Your rig will make us all cry.

Actually, the power might be over the top. I may have to gear it up and limit the current to make it rideable. I am used to this kind of power, but most people are not.

Matt

Smoking hot looks! I like how the battery box turned out, very stylish.

When you tire of destroying the bicycle tires, I've got plenty of sexy 19" rims made for the motoped hubs and have some methods to drop a few pounds of rotating mass as well. Just waiting on my motoped to try out :mrgreen:

johnrobholmes said:
Smoking hot looks! I like how the battery box turned out, very stylish.

When you tire of destroying the bicycle tires, I've got plenty of sexy 19" rims made for the motoped hubs and have some methods to drop a few pounds of rotating mass as well. Just waiting on my motoped to try out :mrgreen:
20" mc tyres will fit on a 24" mtb rim for more weight shaving
Darren

Hi Darren,

> 20" mc tyres will fit on a 24" mtb rim

Great Tip!
Do you maybe already have a concrete example (Brand and Model) where this works, so we don't have
to order and go through trial and errors ?
If you also have a 24'' MTB-Rim recommendation that would be even better!

Thanks already!
Ulli

Matt!
I'm looking forward to a vid similar to the yellow trike!
Burn outs included! ;) :p :)

Tommy L sends..... \m/ . . \m/

Here are a few pictures.

The tank was shortened one inch. This provided a slightly better look, a flat surface for various swathes and the charger input, as well as better gonad protection. :wink:

The rectangle box is a charger enclosure for the 1,200 watt on-board charger that will be mounted under the seat.

I cut the filler neck off the stock plastic gas tank. That filler neck will be mounted to the top of the new aluminum tank. Under the gas cap (inside the filler neck) will be mounted a male 3 prong 120 volt connector that a standard extension cord can plug into. So, the charger is on-board, but the cord will be plugged in under the gas cap.

The charger will be weather protected under the seat. I am welding together a completely new subframe consisting of the aluminum charger box with mount bosses to screw to the frame. The seat will fasten directly to the top of the charger box.

Matt

Attachments

• chargerbox.jpg
    chargerbox.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,316
  • newtank1.jpg
    newtank1.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 1,316
  • newtank2.jpg
    newtank2.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,316
What rim combo are you running there Matt? 24/26 by the looks and which make are they? I'm in the running for a gutsy pair of rims to take 2.7-3.0 tyres. Will go the 24/26 combo if that's the way forward

I am running the stock 26 inch front, 24 inch rear the Motoped comes with.

Good question about the strength. I can tell you the frame is 1/8 inch wall thickness chromoly. It weighs a friggin TON! So, I assume it is plenty strong. Also, my battery box is a stressed member. So, that will add strength to it. The box is 1/8 inch 6061.

I did some fabricating on it today. I hope to show pics soon.

Matt

Here is the charger box. As you can see I cut the rear portion of the silencer off to act as a cooling air inlet for the charger cooling fans.

The box is 1/8 inch aluminum. The charger (Meanwell 1,200 watt power supply) slides inside from the front. The electric charging interface will be under the "Gas Cap".

The bike is coming along!

Matt

Attachments

• subframe1.jpg
    subframe1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,304
  • subframe3.jpg
    subframe3.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,304
  • subframe4.jpg
    subframe4.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,304
  • subframe5.jpg
    subframe5.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,304
  • subframe6.jpg
    subframe6.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1,304
  • subframe7.jpg
    subframe7.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,304
  • subframe8.jpg
    subframe8.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,304
Very Nice, Im personally of the opinion that a little front fender (if even that) would finish that front. The nakedness of the bike right now to me, is hot as hell. Id paint it. and have a removable front fender for mud/rain.

Wow! I love it. Looking great so far. I considered getting a Motoped frame but I'm not sure where I would use it. If I tried to ride that on the street around here the cops would probably pull me over and shoot me. It would be awesome to get one registered and street legal.

A couple more pictures. You can see I narrowed the battery box at the bottom. This improved the look tremendously.

The nose fairing finishes off the nose a bit too. I think I like the look without a front fender.

Matt

Attachments

• motoped2.jpg
    motoped2.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 2,911
  • motoped1.jpg
    motoped1.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 2,911
Back