BIG BLOCK alternative Motor

Overclocker said:
will do!

i failed to mention that this is going to be a pedal-less build. 250-cell 18650 pack

I8YpeI5.jpg

Hey,
Where did you get this hub?

minde28383 said:
Overclocker said:
will do!

i failed to mention that this is going to be a pedal-less build. 250-cell 18650 pack

Hey,
Where did you get this hub?

iCUAg3J.jpg

it's an aftermarket hub for the Suzuki Raider 150cc

YtvgS8P.jpg

i'm lacing it up to a 17" x 1.4" rim, with 2.5" tires

It looks nice and not too bulky for ebike.
I've weight my bicycle rim (regular bicycle wheel) with hub without tire and it weights 900 grams.
What is your:
hub weight,
rim weight with spokes,
tire weight,
and rim diameter?

How does it look compared with regular bicycle wheel? In case you got some laying around wheel to compare.

I also feel that i got to use light motorcycle or pit bike rim instead bicycle rim. When i look to my bicycle rim i can't believe that it might cope with more than 2kw mid drive, but maybe i just too precocious

minde28383 said:
It looks nice and not too bulky for ebike.
I've weight my bicycle rim (regular bicycle wheel) with hub without tire and it weights 900 grams.
What is your:
hub weight,
rim weight with spokes,
tire weight,
and rim diameter?

How does it look compared with regular bicycle wheel? In case you got some laying around wheel to compare.

I also feel that i got to use light motorcycle or pit bike rim instead bicycle rim. When i look to my bicycle rim i can't believe that it might cope with more than 2kw mid drive, but maybe i just too precocious

OT here so i posted my response here:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=79551&p=1176936#p1176936

Im not sure but im regretting selling my spare o_O

Cant find them either. I think BZH has a source for them but he is not in US

Hi skeetab5780,
BZH is bzhwindtalker? Where is he located? If he is in europe and has BHT in stock than it would be great as I'm also in EU.

Im sure he can chime in. He has a similar big block available. I think he is located in France. I stalk him from time to time since I want one of his bikes :)

I may have just found a few of these motors. Im going to try to get them. I will keep you posted

They are roughly $230USD shipped to USA, not sure about elsewhere. I bought 1 so far, but the seller warned me they look a little dirty/old stock. I will see how it looks when it comes in.

A dirt motor is better than no motor...

Yeah I'm not spending that much more than before being I already/still have a 2nd one to finish.

What is the source for your new one skeetab? Or will you be the source? for the amount you mentioned? I'm curious if the kV and mounting is similar, along with weight and size. I think the mounting of bzh/lmx bigblock would be preferable but don't understand why I'd want the higher kV.

I'm pretty sure the one im getting is an actual BHT 48v 1000w like the Ebay ones. I notices the lmx bike has changed the motor mounting design so the BHT will no longer work for it unless you modify it. I am dealing with the original source from China. I will hopefully have pictures soon.

Got the first few motors in the mail. DHL wouldn't deliver at first but i got the package finally. They are the real BHT motors, same as before. I will be selling one tomorrow once i can get some pics uploaded. There will be a for sale thead.

It looks like the width and kV are dead on, but the diameter is off. Mine measures right around 6" / 150mm in total dia excluding brackets. That must be why the shaft looks so big, the motor is only about 4.5 in dia.

I'm curious of the weight, and the yunna will still likely handle plenty more power than the 1kw same as heavier/bigger bht. Realistically I'd say maybe 75% as capable, at best. So maybe 4.5kw rather than 6kw.

nutspecial said:
It looks like the width and kV are dead on, but the diameter is off. Mine measures right around 6" / 150mm in total dia excluding brackets. That must be why the shaft looks so big, the motor is only about 4.5 in dia.

I'm curious of the weight, and the yunna will still likely handle plenty more power than the 1kw same as heavier/bigger bht. Realistically I'd say maybe 75% as capable, at best. So maybe 4.5kw rather than 6kw.
They have a ton of different SKUs so you could probably get dialed in pretty close to whatever you want if the price seems reasonable.

Back