• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Coronavirus Calculations

nicobie said:
^^ You are just like trump. You keep throwing shit on the wall hoping some will stick. ^^

But don't forget, even though some might stick, we all know it's still shit.

And I'm the one that keeps pointing the (Your language, not mine) out. I'm always amazed at you people who will rage 'How DARE you bring up the TRUTH?' The entitlement with which you want things covered up. The WAY Biden yelled at the black man about HE could decide if they were black or not, I can see how some think that's alright. How DARE the tens of millions be disturbed, right?

Oh, the 'Black Voices for Trump' livestream showed over 16 million views last I saw, I could believe it topped 20 million. I wonder if the replay will match that. It covers your behavior.

[youtube]pnfM-37vJgg[/youtube]

nicobie said:
^^ You are just like trump. You keep throwing shit on the wall hoping some will stick. ^^
Yep. I'll accuse all my opponents of everything, and if anyone believes any of my BS, I'll be a winner!

(Anyone notice that the huge, big, stinking scandal he accused Obama of - of orchestrating Flynn's unmasking - came to a wilting, messy end when it was revealed that Flynn was never masked to begin with? No matter; Trumpies are off and running with another made up accusation within hours.)

JackFlorey said:
if anyone believes any of my BS, I'll be a winner!

:lol:

I dont think anyone really gives a shit what anyones personal beliefs are online. It did its job, got us through the SHU lockdown, got us through the bad weather, and isolated just long enough for some places to get reductions in daily infected. Ontario on the other hand, 400+ cases a day, Alberta is down to 20 and 30 cases per day and I think those are from the meat packing plants, but there will be another spike. Barbers open tomorrow, I will have to carefully choose which barber I go to, I usually go to these east indian fella's, there arent many asian barbers not that I noticed before.

JackFlorey said:
(Anyone notice that the huge, big, stinking scandal he accused Obama of - of orchestrating Flynn's unmasking - came to a wilting, messy end when it was revealed that Flynn was never masked to begin with?

Actually, nobody noticed that because it didn't happen that way. The Department of Justice investigation continues, the scandal continues, the dishonesty that is you continues.

markz said:
JackFlorey said:
if anyone believes any of my BS, I'll be a winner!
I dont think anyone really gives a shit

And you never win. There is much out there that would be better to be a winner of.

Great Atlantic article on the historical / cultural background of the "patchwork" that is America.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/05/patchwork-pandemic-states-reopening-inequalities/611866

The New York Times, May 24, 2020
U.S. coronavirus death toll nears 100,000 in span of three months.

Marty's math.
population of USA 328,200,000

The life expectancy for U.S. in 2019 was 78.87 years

Days in a year 365

78.87 x 365 = 28,788

Therefore if there were 28,788 people on a island. Lets eliminate population growth or decline to simplify the math. Every day approximately one person would be born and approximately one person would die.

328,200,000 / 28,788 = 11,401

So under normal conditions 11,401 people die every day in the US.

In three months 11,401 x 90 = 1,026,090

If 1 million people die every three months because people die. Is 100 thousand deaths from Coronavirus enough to be nervous about?

Is my math correct?

In three months 11,401 x 90 = 1,026,090
If 1 million people die every three months because people die. Is 100 thousand deaths from Coronavirus enough to be nervous about?
Is my math correct?

N0! Deaths have been stacking at a more consistent rate for much less than three full months. I know, it just feels longer.

If it holds at the current rate, roughly 0.5%, we are looking at, .005 x 328,000,000 = 1,640,000 extra deaths a year.

Roughly a 40% increase.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/gut-wrenching-military-report-sheds-light-on-grim-conditions-in-ontario-nursing-homes-1.4954710
'Gut-wrenching' military report sheds light on grim conditions in Ontario nursing homes

Heads should roll!

Government should have inspectors, I bet child day care gets inspected more then old age homes.

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/videos/2020/5/28/21271886/us-tested-wrong-coronavirus-positivity-rate

Yes those deaths officially confirmed to be from COVID is a much lower count than reality.

Now that the dear-leader-loyal bureacrats control the data stream, even more so.

I would not be surprised if the real count was over 200K by now.

i know, its a sneaky virus, its learned to shoot guns and crash vehicles

instead of taking the virus seriously the USA politicized it into an election issue (both sides) and hospitals have cashed in on it, the Pharma lobby want their drugs used, the data cant be trusted, its all skewed.

goatman said:
i know, its a sneaky virus, its learned to shoot guns and crash vehicles

instead of taking the virus seriously the USA politicized it into an election issue (both sides) and hospitals have cashed in on it, the Pharma lobby want their drugs used, the data cant be trusted, its all skewed.

What is new though?

i heard a guy compare the USA to an old friend you knew in high school. the guy was pretty cool, had alot of friends then 20 years later you find out he got hooked on heroin.
started lying and cheating and stealing.
now hes not welcome anywhere.

kinda like when i was kid, i thought clinton was kind of cool
smoked weed but didnt inhale
played sax
the guys getting jerked off in the oval office

then the epstein thing happens and theres Bill wearing a blue dress hanging on his wall

nDkZk3j.jpg

Compared to so many (Let's see, there's his wife. . . .) Bill Clinton will always be kewl. Is that dress helping or hurting with Corona virus?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/01/opinions/vaccine-fears-public-health-messaging-yasmin/index.html

i dont mind the vaccine all that much, ill even sign up to get it as long as im the last guy to get it but if you guys start crowing like roosters in the morning or licking your balls, ill be heading for the hills

If the basic common sense measures had been competently consistently implemented as swiftly as possible by our federal government

COVID would not have been such a politicized issue, life would now be largely back to normal by now,

our economy would have only declined maybe 10% for a much shorter timespan, and over 100K citizens now dead would still be alive

and we would be much less of a laughingstock, retained our true leadership position in the world.

However the above fantasy was always 100% impossible due to the result of the 2016 election, no way Dear Leader and the sycophants surrounding him could have ever pulled that off, even if they wanted to.

You make your bed, then you must lie in it.

goatman said:
i dont mind the vaccine all that much, ill even sign up to get it as long as im the last guy to get it but if you guys start crowing like roosters in the morning or licking your balls, ill be heading for the hills

That only happens on Hastings and Main aka Wastings and Pain, in Vancouvers downtown.

john61ct said:
COVID would not have been such a politicized issue, life would now be largely back to normal by now,

No, there is no way life would be 'Normal.' For starters this "10%" would have been a horrendous disaster.

By the very meaning of the expression there is no "Common Sense" for this, no conventional approach to this one. The closest to "Common Sense" are the total antishutdown crowd. Contrary to the propaganda so many hold dear, (Oh, of course I'm only kidding. Where's the eye roll emo?) there was no by the book approach to follow, this one is more make it up as you go.

The real story is what I was saying last night, that it seems oddly back to normal now. And the others agreed. Again, contrary to your precious propaganda even antiTrumpers laugh at your efforts to blame Trump, some think even he went overboard but that Hillary would have gone farther over.

I find myself wondering at all the popup tables selling hats and tshirts. TRUMP hats and tshirts, on the side of the road all over, along with things not exactly Trump but the American flag, military support, etc. This all bodes well for the incumbent of course. This is in the People's Republic of California. Keep mind Hillary's 4.3 million vote advantage (62%) vs. only 2.7 million more overall for the country. The only place where she found all that much enthusiasm but of course because it wasn't for HER, it was for the anonymous leftist over the anonymous (GASP!) NOT LEFTIST/COMMIE! (Suddenlly all these noises outside as I type that.) D.C. is too small to be so important, and they always go for the leftist over the not leftist.

Now right here, in the heart of always vote for the Democrat California, the Trump merchandise is visibly selling well. There's a calculation for you. There's a first term/Class of 2018 representative whose polls show her a 4% lead and says that's panic time and means she's LOSING. She says a Democrat needs an enormous polling lead to feel comfortable. Counter to the polls, the merchandise is selling here. What does that mean. . . ?

Meanwhile, in the birthplace of Antivax, I'm praying for the TV/Film employers demanding vaccinated only for the next shoot, with all these people holding out and carrying signs, while I walk right past them through the door. "So long, succors."

There is already some very viable vaccines and steroids to help, the experts say sometime in 2021, but the race is on to win the vaccine lotto for covid19, the first one to produce will become billionaires.

Back