Cromotor Mammoth

100volts+

10 kW
What happened to the vaunted Cromotor Mammoth? I would have thought some ES member would be crazy enough to mount it on a walmart bike frame by now if it were available.

bassett said:
good question if anyone has one could they PM me I need some advice :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ask the question right here. You're likely to get a better answer from the crowd than 1 person (unless they're a guru)

bassett said:
Just wondering what would be best controller for the mammoth :?:

I think you should base that question on your needs rather than the motor. How much power you want to run in it?

bassett said:
I want 11kw nominal got battery and greyborg frame just want the best quality controller

I would suggest the Adaptto Max-E or a Sabvoton

bassett said:
the 96v or 72v version?

Are you referring to the Sabvoton? Because the Adaptto's both handle 24-98 V. But only the Max-E will handle the power levels you want. The mini-E is only rated for 3kW continuous and Max-E is rated to 10kW.

bassett said:

This thing is going to take up to 32kW, so you'd be best to get as much power handling as possible. Go big.

BTW, where did you get this motor? Do you have it yet? And what motorcycle is this going on? (too big for a bike)

And what motorcycle is this going on? (too big for a bike)

Why is it too big for a bicycle? All that is needed is a custom swingarm. In fact I double dog dare an es member to put that sucker on a bicycle.

100volts+ said:
And what motorcycle is this going on? (too big for a bike)

Why is it too big for a bicycle? All that is needed is a custom swingarm. In fact I double dog dare an es member to put that sucker on a bicycle.

That you would. Also, it would behoove you to have a custom suspension too since we are talking about 40lbs of unsprung weight. Bike suspensions cannot handle that safely nor reliably, especially at the speeds you would be reaching. It's like trying to shove a v12 into a Miata. At that point, should have just moved up to a Supra.

cal3thousand said:

That you would. Also, it would behoove you to have a custom suspension too since we are talking about 40lbs of unsprung weight. Bike suspensions cannot handle that safely nor reliably, especially at the speeds you would be reaching. It's like trying to shove a v12 into a Miata. At that point, should have just moved up to a Supra.

Pussy ;)

RADBUL_9255-800x533.jpg

NC Miata - quad rotor, twin turbo, 1050hp at the wheels on its run in boost level, 1500hp capable.

People have been putting way too much power in all manner of unsuitable vehicles for a long time. Just because it doesn't make absolute practical sense doesn't mean it shouldn't be done.

Ohbse said:
cal3thousand said:

Pussy ;)

Silly me for assuming this would be a DD (daily driven) bike and not a dragstrip bike. :)

I never said he shouldn't do it, I just assumed that one would have the sense to pair more capable equipment if shelling for that type of motor. I'm sure that particular Miata owner didn't keep with off-the-shelf brake and suspension bits.

Back