E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Hi guys,

Here's my latest vid taken on my Fighter. Had a blast doing this ride on Saturday.
As usual, it really only looks decent in HD.
[youtube]7Peu2zfvtNs[/youtube]
I used some of my own music this time, also under the name of Cowardlyduck. Hope it doesn't sound too amateurish for you. :)

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Great vid CD, like the 3rd person shots especiall that "U" turn our over shot at the end and of the vid. Appreciate you posting it.

Rick

Nice vid Blake, looks like some good trails. Where did you have the helmet cam positioned ? I found myself leaning to the side of my chair to watch those bits :lol: I wasn't sure if it wasn't sitting straight on the helmet or you had middle ear problems :p

What would be cool is to do a google earth fly over in somewhat real time with the GPS data your camera records, then zooming down in and switching to the helmet cam view. I kinda did that in my train race vid that uses the same zoomed in google earth technique but it was simulated rather than using real GPS data.

Oh and Rix / Longshot, if you want to link other threads just navigate to that page and then copy the url from your browser (or you could right click on the thread and copy url that way) then paste it where you want.

This is the raptor thread: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48089

Next weeks lesson will be on how to use URL tags to paste a text link without the while URL displaying - Like so: Raptor Thread :p

Hyena said:
What would be cool is to do a google earth fly over in somewhat real time with the GPS data your camera records, then zooming down in and switching to the helmet cam view. I kinda did that in my train race vid that uses the same zoomed in google earth technique but it was simulated rather than using real GPS data.

I love that idea :D

Hyena said:
Nice vid Blake, looks like some good trails. Where did you have the helmet cam positioned ? I found myself leaning to the side of my chair to watch those bits :lol: I wasn't sure if it wasn't sitting straight on the helmet or you had middle ear problems :p

Oh and Rix / Longshot, if you want to link other threads just navigate to that page and then copy the url from your browser (or you could right click on the thread and copy url that way) then paste it where you want.

This is the raptor thread: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48089

Next weeks lesson will be on how to use URL tags to paste a text link without the while URL displaying - Like so: Raptor Thread :p

Thanks Jay, you the man.

HI guys, thought I would just share a bit of info re the application of 9" rotors. The following 4 pics show the fitment to the Bomber showing the spacers necessary on Maz 888 front forks and rear I.S. swing arm mount using 203mm adapters and concave/convex fitting shims. These adapters provide the extra clearance for post mount calipers and also allows for x and y axis adjustment so that if any surfaces are out of alignment these spacers will correct this and allow for perfect alignment of the caliper pads to the disc rotor front and rear.
DSC05497_zps08200773.jpg
DSC05495_zps7d1f9ab5.jpg
DSC05496_zps3b738965.jpg
DSC05509_zps8829ab95.jpg

The gator brakes are a whole different story and are quite a pain to fit 9" rotors to these I.S. calipers. Here is a pic of the spacers we manufactured to allow the 8pot gators to fit the 9" Hayes rotors.
DSC05484_zps9ec083f8.jpg
photos128_zps2a5cac8e.jpg
photos125_zps7dedc3ad.jpg

Also the latest Bombers are being supplied with a different spring on the rear DNM shock. We have been riding around on one of these shocks for about a month now and can confirm that the new spring style is heaps better than the old version. A lot plusher ride at high speed and "seems" to have a lot more adjustment range than the old style. Below is a pic of the two versions green being the old type and the black the newer type. The new version spring is also thicker than the old type by .5mm heaps heaps better. Here is a pic of the 2 side by side.
DSC05492_zpsc335dec9.jpg

Here a some general pics of our demo with a few upgrades recently done, bar ends, grips, rear shock, new 9" rotors and side cover touch ups. Sorry about the OS pics, using new software. :roll:
DSC05506_zpsf86b0ea5.jpg
DSC05505_zps84647087.jpg
DSC05507_zps98f0ef6a.jpg
DSC05499_zps1c9b5aae.jpg
DSC05511_zpseeed9fab.jpg

Very nice green Bomber Q, you know how to outfit them nicely. Here are some pics of my 2012 888 with the 9" rotor. For me to get the 9" rotor to fit with the 6 Pot gators, I cut 12mm off the disk posts on the fork legs, then lapped them so they were in line and flat so the caliper would line up with the disk. It was PITA with a capital P to get things perfect and not dragging. Originally even with the 9" Hayes V9, the posts pushed the caliper outsid of the rotor. 203 (8") would fit at all no matter how much I cut the posts. But cutting 12mm off the posts, and using some custom ground 6mm spacers, which aren't 6mm now, I was able to get the disk and caliper perfect.

Attachments

• Front Brake.png
    Front Brake.png
    133.9 KB · Views: 3,290
  • Front brake Mic.png
    Front brake Mic.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 3,290
Finally, my custom Bomber build has gotten a TÜV approval and is now a street legal e-motorbike. :)

It´s fully equipped with Heidenau 18 inch * 3,00 motorcycle tires, LED head, tail and brake lights. An electric horn is also aboard.
A rear kickstand had to be made for this build and is self retracting.
Handlebar blinkers eliminate the use of my hands to signal a turn.
The hiding is officially over.
No cop can fine me now! :mrgreen:

2pphf5v.jpg

9lbr5l.jpg

I had to fabricate a chain guard. :)

2u78vt3.jpg

mlr3ls.jpg

Martin, very very sweet ride. Gald you got that sorted out and your Custom Raptor is Street legal. What a lot of work that took to do, but now its worth it. Sure is a neat build. I remember you asking me about hub venting a while back, looks like you got something else going on there. What did you end up with? Fans on the stator armiture? Thanks for posting pics.

Rick

Eventually it´s just 4 holes with a diameter of 37mm that where drilled into the motors side cover. To prevent big debris from entering 4 aluminum discs with many smaller holes are bolted onto those covers.
The motor stays nice and cool now. :)

Dlogic said:
Eventually it´s just 4 holes with a diameter of 37mm that where drilled into the motors side cover. To prevent big debris from entering 4 aluminum discs with many smaller holes are bolted onto those covers.
The motor stays nice and cool now. :)

Again very nice, did you vent the opposite side in the same manner? How much cooler did you notice things being? Are you monitoring the temps?

Rick

Paint those discs black, think they would look better.
Also, while this venting will help you. I think Bigger holes will make a lot more work. Debris...dont think it is a problem in the Clean and Perfect Germany tho :)
I see that you have a regular chain, not the stock half link.
Lovely build!

Rix said:
Very nice green Bomber Q, you know how to outfit them nicely. Here are some pics of my 2012 888 with the 9" rotor. For me to get the 9" rotor to fit with the 6 Pot gators, I cut 12mm off the disk posts on the fork legs, then lapped them so they were in line and flat so the caliper would line up with the disk. It was PITA with a capital P to get things perfect and not dragging. Originally even with the 9" Hayes V9, the posts pushed the caliper outsid of the rotor. 203 (8") would fit at all no matter how much I cut the posts. But cutting 12mm off the posts, and using some custom ground 6mm spacers, which aren't 6mm now, I was able to get the disk and caliper perfect.

Hey Rix, thanks mate. Yes the fitting of the 9" rotors to the front forks with IS brakes is quite a pain in the A, and as I noted we knocked up the adapter as I posted. I really hate cutting the post mounts as they can weaken the mounting area substantially and it is also difficult to get a square alignment so using .25mm shims and the 2 adapters worked out great but thankfully Stealth are supplying post mount brakes now so all you need are 10mm spacers and a couple of shim washer to get it perfect. The Magura calipers are soooo much easier to play with.

Guys,

I got all suited up to ride into the city and it started to lightly drizzle and the road was already wet. I rode maybe 1 km, glasses were splashed and I was starting to get a bit wet.

Then the motor stuttered and just locked up in stages. At first I thought the disc was stuck since I'm missing a torque plate screw on the right side. The bolts were loose so I tightened them but the motor was having the same issues. I walked home and had to take the bus downtown. I came back about 5 hours later and the motor was fine.

I called Stealth and they told me that the Hall sensor might have been exposed to to much water. The Hall connectors under the rear shock were visibly filled with water because I don't have a fender yet. There is a small crack in the cable hose...could water have entered here and affected the hall sensor next to the motor?

How do I prevent this from happening? Sometimes rain will just come out of no where when I'm on a ride.[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398982389187.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398982389187.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398982389187.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 2,706
Your biggest problem is connector for halls.
Change to a waterproof connector something like:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/20pcs-lot-M22-6-Pin-LED-power-special-waterproof-connector-adapter-IP68-Waterproof-contacts-Plug-In/587544628.html
The crack is the minor problem, fix the crack with silicone or change the hole rubber tube with heatshrink or similar.

You really should not be driving without the torque plate, you can ruin the whole motor axle...you are crazy :) Just go to your local welder or turner and he will fix you up with a new one.

Back