E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Rix,
I need motorcycle wheels too! Actually, I'm saving up to buy a set of Excel 1.85 rims, the NeuTech TuBliss wheel seals and a Chris King front hub. Are the TC4080 hub motors available for purchase now? Might just as well make that change while I'm at it. I may go with new brakes too!

SamM

Thanks Rick, I'm pretty happy with it! I do have a spare motor on order from Stealth because the Fighter is my daily transportation and I don't want to be off the road for a long time in case something happens to the motor that I can't repair myself.

Jimboyr6: the tires/wheels are heavier, definitely, but the difference doesn't bother me. The VeeRubber tires are big and knobby but I find the ride surprisingly smooth and stable with little road noise. All in all I'm very pleased and glad I made the switch.

Thanks SamM, yes the shock was bolt on. The correct size for the Fighter is 9.5x3.0, if I recall. I did have to file down some shims by hand so that the shock eyelets fit snugly. All in all not too difficult a job, and the performance improvement over stock is substantial.

SamM said:
pj1,
Nice bike! Was the shock a bolt-on?

SamM

SamM said:
Rix,
I need motorcycle wheels too! Actually, I'm saving up to buy a set of Excel 1.85 rims, the NeuTech TuBliss wheel seals and a Chris King front hub. Are the TC4080 hub motors available for purchase now? Might just as well make that change while I'm at it. I may go with new brakes too!

SamM

Here is the link to the 4080 which is at the bottom. I can also get them through Crystalyte US which is Electricrider, but we would be a the mercy of sea shipping freight which could be out a couple of months. I buy stuff from Ilea from Ebikessf on occasion and he is a good guy to deal with.
http://ebikessf.com/catalog/52

Edit, Sam, I am going to PM you my phone number, call me this weekend after 5:15pm your time so we can talk.

Sounds good Rix! I'll call you tomorrow.

pj1,
My black Fighter #110 has Fox RC2 forks. I think that shock would match up nicely. I was considering going with red wheels, handlebars, and petals but your bike looks killer in black. I ordered new sideplates and a new switch from Stealth and finally got the new 26" Duro a Razorback mounted up front. My Fighter is looking good now.

SamM

Is there a better battery than the standard bomber on a 2015 model?
I want more range and maybe 2 batteries is a possibility

thx
steve

17979182732_0ab0a01758_z.jpg

17794470798_eab8973d1c_z.jpg

17794470898_dc8bf8bcff_z.jpg

Been a while since the last post..some pics of the unit in its glory….

It's been raining for a week straight. There's a 100% chance of rain today, and it's raining right now. Whenever there's a El Nino we always get a lot of rain in Texas in spring, but this year is more than I ever remember. All the local lakes are at least 10 feet over their banks

Theodore Voltaire said:
It's been raining for a week straight. There's a 100% chance of rain today, and it's raining right now. Whenever there's a El Nino we always get a lot of rain in Texas in spring, but this year is more than I ever remember. All the local lakes are at least 10 feet over their banks

Ha ha how things change 19degrees in uk some good riding weather

SamM said:
Sounds good Rix! I'll call you tomorrow.

pj1,
My black Fighter #110 has Fox RC2 forks. I think that shock would match up nicely. I was considering going with red wheels, handlebars, and petals but your bike looks killer in black. I ordered new sideplates and a new switch from Stealth and finally got the new 26" Duro a Razorback mounted up front. My Fighter is looking good now.

SamM

Thanks Sam, yup the RC4 is an excellent unit--really upgrades the bike's handling. I like the Fighter in black too--maybe I should have looked a little harder for black spokes! Also, when I re-did the wiring harness all I had was orange heat shrink, but a guess a little spot of color is ok!

Hi guys, here's a few pics of a sprocket & chain mod we did to "White Knights" B52 recently. Its a Heavy Duty 25T Sprocket with a heavy duty halflink chain. We reckon it turned out really well with about a 10-12km increase in comfortable cadence for the B52. (around 62km p/h). Not a profound difference from standard but definitely worth it. It provides a much tougher & better wearing drive train too. We attempted this mod as a 14tooth free wheel for the B52 & seems to be incredibly allusive. We might even look at producing this in a kit form too..
DSC00035_zpsh4h5kyeq.jpg
DSC00036_zps08rvprcz.jpg
DSC00041_zpsx5lkdeyi.jpg
DSC00042_zpsqjbcc56o.jpg
DSC00050_zpsyxv7q4vu.jpg

Nice job as well QMS, looks factory in every way. Gassed it home last night and I am happy with the results, (and so are my knees!) At 60 kph the cadence is just right. Would have been nice to get a bit more but as you can see from the photos, there is just no more clearance available.

White Knight said:
Nice job as well QMS, looks factory in every way. Gassed it home last night and I am happy with the results, (and so are my knees!) At 60 kph the cadence is just right. Would have been nice to get a bit more but as you can see from the photos, there is just no more clearance available.

Hi White Knight, thanks we were really happy with the outcome visually too. Enjoy!!! :)

Nice aftermarket front chainring option QMS! That's a good solution to shift the pedal-able high speed range.

As for going to a smaller freewheel at the back, unless Stealth or Crystalyte produce a sidecover with M30x1 threads (BMX standard) it's unlikely you'll find a singlespeed freewheel under 16T. Going to M30x1 would allow for high quality 13-15T freewheels to be used eg http://www.acsbmx.com/crossfire.html

Very nice work Quigly, of course everything you do at QMS is primo top notch. I wouldn't go smaller than a 14t on the rear as chain will be constantly slapping the swingarm. of course this can be negated with some kind of guard.
'

Hi Voicecoils & Rix, VC I agree with your comment re the freewheel and that is why we did this mod as it is relatively straight forward with a good result plus a much tougher drive train.
Rix thanks mate, I was really happy with the way this mod turned out & it runs a smooth as a baby's....

i bought my bomber B52 about 2 months ago and was looking at the qms kickstand and is this a must purchase and any other bits worth there salt i need to get?
will the sprocket & chain mod make it faster?

thx
steve

stevebills said:
i bought my bomber B52 about 2 months ago and was looking at the qms kickstand and is this a must purchase and any other bits worth there salt i need to get?
will the sprocket & chain mod make it faster?

thx
steve

That will depend on what your leg power brings to the equation. In the standard ninth speed at say 40 kph you can add to the bikes efficiency when pedalling at a comfortable cadence. When your speed increases above 50 kph your ability to add pedal power will decrease due to the high cadence to keep up. The sprocket upgrade seems to keep the efficiency much the same but your adverage speed increases, and your thighs get much more of a work out.

Back