ElectricRider or Ping Battery?

dnmun said:
MS is not a brain disease. it is an autoimmune attack on the myelin sheath around the nerve.

Yes, you are correct. I'm also pretty sure that it manifests differently for just about every patient...there I go, HiJacking my own thread again! Sorry!

All really good input guys! Thanks!

dogman said:
Seriously, I think you only need one 48v 30 ah pack or two 15's. It will be a ton of range. like 60 miles worth at 18 mph. Easy to track the Ah used with the CA and know when to turn back if you just get a 30. One advantage to two 15 ah packs is you have two chargers, so you charge twice as fast as with one.

Won't the LiFePo4 battery pack last longer with using:

A) A larger AH pack so that the C-rate is lower.
B) A larger AH pack so that the DOD is less.

Are these two assumptions correct? I told him these would last him 3 years with the way we are doing it (48V20AH x 2). Have I done my homework correctly?

MD. said:
I had a very good experience with electric rider on a charger and bms. The charger is still working strong and so is the bms. I had some questions on how to wire the bms properly. They responded to all my emails and then asked me to call to speak to their tech. I called and he answered all my questions and was very helpful. I would gladly order from them again.

That's exactly what I'm looking for as far as feedback about electricrider. Thanks MD!

dogman said:
But I've been a Ping fanboy since a few months after he started selling. Boy, was sending that cash to china scary then, in 2008. I'd say go ping myself, since I have been so happy with them.

I see this on their checkout area under shipping:

* Please pay attention this shipping cost DOESN'T include
Customs Duties or Import Taxes in the destination country.

How much is that adding to the cost? Do we know?

I never got any charges from a USA ping delivery. I think you do get some charges in Canada.

Yes, big is good. But not if you won't really use that much range. With a 30 ah pack, and 60 mile range, will he ever really go that far? 20 miles each way sounds like a long ride for him to me.

Easy as pie to add 10 ah more later if you really needed it. Expect 3 years from a ping, unless you run a big motor on a small one. One 15 ah ping or similar pack will run a 20 amps controller.

Do you have any info on his real amps draw? If it's high, then an A123 20 ah pack would be the best choice for pack 1. Then he wouldn't need to carry both all the time.

I to, would like to know the Customs Duties or Import Taxes for Canada before I buy from Ping. It scares me now,

I remember paying $80 in duties and taxes for a simple psp. Has anyone from the great white north order from ping before?

I emailed ping about this. They told me, they mark down the declared cost of the battery to $100 and have not had any complaints from Canadian customers. But knowing my luck, I'll get Screwed!

Back