• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Fatbike frame too large for bbs02

Cyclomania

10 kW
So I have this fatbike frame where the axle is too broad too fit an old bbs02 motor I have.

Is the only way to fix this problem to get one that is 120mm(as the axle also is) or is it possible to get some sort of spacing that could connect to the pedal on the other side some other way?

Also, I wonder if someone has cut their axles with for example an angle grinder to make it shorter? And if that worked or just gave rise to other problems?

Looks like the picture.

Bet regards

Attachments

• nefwjnej.png
    nefwjnej.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
You will encounter many problems if you cut your bottom bracket. You will have to slice 26mm from either side and then re thread the BB. If you manage to get that far then you will have to find a way to make the chainring fit without fouling the frame. Then you will have to figure out how to fix the chainline problem. Good luck.

Yeah seems too high risk too little reward. But I have seen axle extensions for the bafang motors. But only up to about 100mm. Looks like this:

But I think it is only 100mm. Not 120mm. Now, I have heard some people said the 100mm was too long and that it was better suited for 120mm axles. Anyone has an idea or experience with this one?

Back