Genesis V2100 farfle swingarm Cromotor 8000W

Alan,

Did you use the original Genesis headset components with your new forks?

I have been looking at options there, and not sure what is compatible with the 41mm cups...

And the Genesis swing arm is a MF to get off. :shock: Need another trip to Harbor Freight to get some big, heavy duty socket-hex's. I think the large size is 12mm ???

I did manage to pick up a 127mm BB and crankset with wide Q-Factor, so I can clear the Farfle swing arm.

I'm targeting 50 MPH on the flat. I think the MXUS 3000W "mini-cro", a 18X4110 Infineon controller, and 24S-10Ah of HK Lipo should just about do it. 8)

teslanv said:
Alan,

Did you use the original Genesis headset components with your new forks?

I have been looking at options there, and not sure what is compatible with the 41mm cups...

And the Genesis swing arm is a MF to get off. :shock: Need another trip to Harbor Freight to get some big, heavy duty socket-hex's. I think the large size is 12mm ???

I did manage to pick up a 127mm BB and crankset with wide Q-Factor, so I can clear the Farfle swing arm.

I'm targeting 50 MPH on the flat. I think the MXUS 3000W "mini-cro", a 18X4110 Infineon controller, and 24S-10Ah of HK Lipo should just about do it. 8)

I just used FSA the pig headset 1 1/8 threadless, and it works great. Getting the swing arm out wasn't bad I used a oversized Allen wrench I believe it was 11mm. I just put my weight on the wrench.

I am envious of your wide roads, high speeds and complete absence of congestion.

I should really get a gopro and film my route into work, I would probably overtake 500 cars in 35 minutes, often with only mm to spare. I also use a mirrycle and have to fold it in in some parts as can't make it between traffic otherwise. Thinking about getting a bar mounted high rise moped type mirror.

How's the Cro compared to the crystalyte?

I'm just about to make the same jump, 3540 hardtail to Cromotor/DH Comp - should be interesting.

Ohbse said:
I am envious of your wide roads, high speeds and complete absence of congestion.

I should really get a gopro and film my route into work, I would probably overtake 500 cars in 35 minutes, often with only mm to spare. I also use a mirrycle and have to fold it in in some parts as can't make it between traffic otherwise. Thinking about getting a bar mounted high rise moped type mirror.

How's the Cro compared to the crystalyte?

I'm just about to make the same jump, 3540 hardtail to Cromotor/DH Comp - should be interesting.

I have the mirricyle also, and its a great mirror.

The Cromotor is much more powerful than the Crystalyte. More torque even at the same voltage/amp/watt.

Cromotor can also soak up more heat, I can run it hard and it never gets over 65C even on a hot day.

Regarding the Mirricycle mirror, I was like the previous post and had to physically maneuver the mirror to avoid obstacles (i.e. car side view mirrors, sign & light poles, etc.) :evil:

Then a member posted a pic of his electric bike build w/Mirracycle, only the position of the mirror was different (in a good way). Remember how we played as kids cops & robbers (or cowboys & Indians), picture the hand making the "gun" gesture. The thumb represents the mirror portion sticking out and away from the handlebar. That, friends, is the WRONG way to position the mirror.

Now take that same "gun" gesture and make it into a letter "L". The top portion of the "L" connects to the left side handlebar. The lower right portion of the "L" (the mirror) positions under the grip area of the handlebar. Make adjustments as needed to get a rear view of your left lane & parts of your body for reference (torso & knee). You will never need to move the mirror again if done this way. I've done this to both sides of my handlebar. Only need to glance slightly down & away to get a view of each left & right lane to see what's incoming (i.e. before making a swerve or lane change). :twisted:

I hope my explanation isn't too confusing lol. Someone find a pic, before I do please :wink: I still can't figure out how to resize my images for this forum :oops:

Hehe found it. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=58335

I still can't figure out how to resize my images for this forum :oops:

Paint which is free and already on your computer with windows has a very easy resizing function. I resize to 640 by 480 pixels mostly.

1924573_10202854258493594_7319880966974002927_n.jpg

More 40mph+ dirt riding.

[youtube]QOLm87RvXcU[/youtube]

Hill climb and downhill w/ regen braking

[youtube]Pn45YyrPpSM[/youtube]

Quick Canyon Run

[youtube]yB7I0C-iMdE[/youtube]

Yep, this is a total sleeper kit, I think. Really straight forward High-performance build. I am glad I was able to snag one of Farfle's swing arms from Icewrench last month. And I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the MXUS 45mm "Mini-Cro" motors. I'm also looking to make it even easier to manage the battery aspect by developing a top tube saddle bag that will hold ~1KW of LiPo packs. Hoping to be able to put my bag on the market here in a couple weeks time. :D

Yeah, I ride mine daily as a commuter bike to work and am thinking about buying another and sawing part of the triangle off. (essentially splitting the bike in half and welding a moncoque shell where the triangle was. It will also extend the length of the bike by 6 inches.

I'm also looking to make it even easier to manage the battery aspect by developing a top tube saddle bag that will hold ~1KW of LiPo packs.

My aluminum panniers (aluminum saddle bags) holding 1.2 kw of lipo.

aluminum panniers.jpg

Ongoing Genesis Farfle Cromotor Zombiess 150v 24 fet controller 30s lipo project.

2nd run, twisty hill climb + downhill regen

[youtube]6-FL0lu4--E[/youtube]

My daily commute is so fun, never have any traffic and never have to pay for gasoline. Everyday is an adventure.

[youtube]lNk66ZuzAcU[/youtube]

1617944_10202913095644486_1251892367104194943_o.jpg

Nice bike. How do you think cromotor will handle tight SingleTrack that has a lot of rolling hills, and a lot of stop and go?

drew12345 said:
Nice bike. How do you think cromotor will handle tight SingleTrack that has a lot of rolling hills, and a lot of stop and go?

Piece of cake, the Cromotor has high torque, the rear wheel spins and kicks dirt from a stop if I give it too much throttle. I was doing some single tracks, and no problem.

If you run a Cromotor at 117v to 125v and 100a to 120a with a xie chang contoller you better have a 3 speed button and badass torque arms. Other than that the motor is known for being able to take abuse.

1090885_10202939940995603_8673880445325848597_o.jpg

10703818_10202939941595618_1413736859269594582_o.jpg

the frafle swingarm is great^^

2000ft Climb / Descent

[youtube]33vI7_nnENQ[/youtube]

Super commuter I can keep up with cars all the way to 50mph.

10714357_10202956352085870_8141549052491986515_o.jpg

11007_10202984596911973_3584627083132136392_n.jpg

[youtube]CopFQsqxg1o[/youtube]

Back