GNG Bike - Norco Six / Giant Team DH

spinningmagnets said:
christerljung, is there a reason that the 48-spline BMX crankshafts are not used yet? You seem to want the 36-spline, if they are better in some way it would be helpful for me to know. Thanks in advance!

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=47618&start=50#p709696
No, i just want something that works with the supportbearing. Like Norco did above. But now i see, i was confused by the picture of the shaft at the German site. I shows a 36-spline but you can only order 48-spline :mrgreen:
I will continue searching for 48-slined arms then.
Thanks for noticing.

christerljung said:
Have you got it running again?
I'm trying to find parts for the shaft you linked previously, to build a bulletproof freewheeling crank with supportbearing:
http://www.bike-mailorder.de/Bike-Teile/Innenlager/Innenlager-komplett/Gusset-Pigmy-OKR-Achse-fuer-MTB.html
Really hard to find affordable crankarms with 36 spline. I've only found these so far:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pigmy-2-165mm-Crank-Arms-Japan-Butted-SAE4130-Tubular-Cr-Mo-for-19mm-36-Spline-/110935243398?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item19d4417a86
70£ hmmm.

Hello Christerljung,
i am still waiting for a new controller (9fet 4110 Lyen). The yellow box wasn't the reason.
The axle from bikemailorder has 48teeth's for BMX cranks like Profile Racing, WeThePeople...
In the center it has a diameter of 20mm.

Looks great. Will you be keeping your screenname now that you have a Giant DH?

Today i detected a molten isolation from the motor wire.
K1600_Foto.JPG
I think i need new thicker wires. Can anyone help me choosing the right ones?
The motor get also very warm after 30minutes riding.
Does anyone use the GNG kit with 9fet 4110 Lyen controller who can send me a screenshot from the working setup?

E-Norco said:
Today i detected a molten isolation from the motor wire.

I think i need new thicker wires. Can anyone help me choosing the right ones?
The motor get also very warm after 30minutes riding.
Does anyone use the GNG kit with 9fet 4110 Lyen controller who can send me a screenshot from the working setup?

Yess i have.
Same settings as you 12s2p lipo.
Runs with 50a. Very smooth ride.

how did you get on with this conversion m8 ??
that is a bit of a direaler isnt it ?? any chance of better pictures ??

file.php

hey mate,

I see you are running a ISIS bottom bracket now, what freewheel are you using? I have a dhcomp with a fsa 100/148mm BB in it and with a WhiteInd ENO on the crank arm it wont fit. The removal boss on the freewheel presses up against the BB when you tighten the crank up basically locking the whole lot up. I thought it might of been the BB at fault and as there aren't many options for BB on this frame it was impossible to fix, but now I am wondering if its just the freewheels fault.

Rodger

rodgah said:
hey mate,

I see you are running a ISIS bottom bracket now, what freewheel are you using? I have a dhcomp with a fsa 100/148mm BB in it and with a WhiteInd ENO on the crank arm it wont fit. The removal boss on the freewheel presses up against the BB when you tighten the crank up basically locking the whole lot up. I thought it might of been the BB at fault and as there aren't many options for BB on this frame it was impossible to fix, but now I am wondering if its just the freewheels fault.

Rodger

Hi Rodger,
now i am using the gng stock freewheel and its very tight fit. The space between BB and freewheel is about 1mm.
Have you tryed to use a washer between crank and BB that gives you the missing millimeter?

E-Norco said:
Hi Rodger,
now i am using the gng stock freewheel and its very tight fit. The space between BB and freewheel is about 1mm.
Have you tryed to use a washer between crank and BB that gives you the missing millimeter?

Are you using the gng bearing support as well? I just tried an ordinary dicta freewheel on the crank and it bolts up fine with about 2mm room to spare. The ENO sticks out atleast 5mm if not more past that, so I dont think spacers would help as only half of the spline would be in contact. Looks like I will have to use a different one. 8)

Rodger

E-Norco said:
The support bearing doesn't fit :(. I ordered the ACS Crossfire flanged freewheel. I let you know if it works.

Just order the ISIS bottom bracket from Cyclone and you will be fine! I do a lot of drops and it holds on pretty well.

Awesome build!!!! Very nice job.

When you start passing 2500 watts, that BB usually goes. I also ended up getting the ISIS, expensive, but does the job and so far has held very well.

Wishes

Back