GNG Bike - Norco Six / Giant Team DH

Hello E-norco,

is it possible to have more information about the bmx bottom bracket with freewheel adapter you made? I would like to do something similar, but would like to know dimensions of what you came up with.

thank you,

Roel

Hi, I'm interested in converting a Giant DH team with a GNG kit, and I was wondering what you had to do to make it fit?

Thanks, Matthew

Here are my latest Updates:
[ATTACH type="full" alt="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408964750.534742.jpg"]145291._xfImport[/ATTACH]
The bike still runs great.
[ATTACH type="full" alt="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408965025.233445.jpg"]145292._xfImport[/ATTACH]
I replaced the 26inch rear rim for 24 inch Spank Stiffy rim. Now the bike has a better acceleration and the steering angle feels better.
[ATTACH type="full" alt="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408965175.475893.jpg"]145293._xfImport[/ATTACH]
My chainguide is working now. No chain drops for over 100km offroad riding.
[ATTACH type="full" alt="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408965457.357842.jpg"]145294._xfImport[/ATTACH]
I added the Kelly thumb throttle. It feels very good and looks professional.
It is much better than the Magura 0-5k.

Hello E-Norco,
How did you fix position of BB axle from left to right? I see there a lot of place between left crank arm and bottom bracket non drive side.
I guess, there can be used any bottom bracket, for example like Shimano BB 80.
Thanks.

Hello dusan,
i machined a bushing with BSA thread where i screwed in the bearing cups. The freewheeladapter at the primary side is fixed and for the position from left to right i cutted spacers and used an old ahead cap to adjust it.
I think bmx bearing cups are better than Shimano BB because of they use two bearings each side.
[ATTACH type="full" alt="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416694376.985618.jpg"]152442._xfImport[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH type="full" alt="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416694427.419806.jpg"]152443._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Thanks E-Norco,
What BMX BB are you using? What is your spindle length?

I found some local shop
Bottom bracket
http://bmxshop.sk/product/stredove-zlozenie-bmx-odyssey-euro-bb
Crank arms and spindle
http://bmxshop.sk/product/kluky-bmx-wethepeople-royal-v2

I will probably avoid using freewheel because I think, I don't need it.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=64844#p974597

i've just read everything, and to be honest it looks like the best bike i've seen here so far!
i'm thinking about getting a GNG 60v 650w motor for my Rocky mountain flatline park 2010, is this the same motor you use? if so what is the top speed? and how does this motor handle 72 volts?

Hello Noamsal,
i have the GNG gen 1 kit but i think that motor should be the same. My topspeed is about 60km/h (vary depending on gearing) at 2200w adjusted in Cycle Analyst. The 72 volts are no problem my motor only get handwarm. Maybe you get trouble with mounting the kit on your Frame because of your pressfit bottom bracket?
After all uprades i have done just the motor left from the original kit.
The next time i would only buy the motor and spend the money for good parts around it or you go with the Lightning Rods kit.

so you're saying basicly the kit is good but all of it, so if i want a really good motor i need a GNG motor, lightningrod's "arms" (metal that catches the motor and the BB), and cyclone BB and crank?
i'm flying to China on friday, i'll try to put my hands of a GNG motor, if i could get it home with me, i'll start buying all the other parts, sounds like a good plan.
Thanks!

Back