GNG Bike - Norco Six / Giant Team DH

christerljung said:
I Believe enorco runs a BMX BB-shaft. Even better than the ISIS since you dont have to remove the supportbearing.

I don't understand that, i didn't have to remove any bearings to fit mine on.

Wishes said:
christerljung said:
I Believe enorco runs a BMX BB-shaft. Even better than the ISIS since you dont have to remove the supportbearing.

From what i understood there is no supportbearing in the isis setup. But correct me if i'm wrong. (I don't own a isis-crankset)

christerljung said:
Wishes said:
christerljung said:

From what i understood there is no supportbearing in the isis setup. But correct me if i'm wrong. (I don't own a isis-crankset)

If you mean a bearing on both sides, then yes it does.

justlooking said:
how did you get on with this conversion m8 ??
that is a bit of a direaler isnt it ?? any chance of better pictures ??

file.php

Look here:
http://www.roox.at/COMPONENTS/COMPONENTS/Chaindevices_overview.htm
http://www.roox.at/Components_web_2006/product_page_chaindevices_2006.htm

christerljung said:

The BMx shaft with support bearing was definitely the best i think, but the Giant frame has a 100mm wide BB and its impossible to fit the BMX axle,
so i went to 148mm ISIS BB and trial crankset without support bearing.

Very clean battery box !

What is the top speed of your bike and on what voltage ?

What is your average consumption wh/mile ? what distance do you get per battery pack Ah ?

Good to see more carbon fiber battery boxes, should put a vent hole in case of fire. The pressure can build up very quick.

Can you tell me how you made that battery box? What materials and tools? i wanna make one but live in an apartment so i need something easy to make since i don't have a garage and big tools to cut and etc

You can cut the fabric shapes with ordinary scissors, make the molds out of thicker styrofoam and shape with a ordinary thin sharp knife/ files /or box cutters and hand finish lightly with sand paper. Cover it in plastic wrap or tin foil, and lay on the fabric and squeegee / roll out the goop (epoxy or polyester) of your choice until fabric is fully saturated; add any number of layers for strength at attachment / support sections. Let harden and sand / clear coat or paint. Bunch of posts with much detail on ES and YouTube has lots of videos on the topic. Where gloves and cover the kitchen table with thick plastic poly film. You may need to run a exhaust fan if the resin is stinky. Have fun.

E-Norco said:
Secret1511" Nice!!!! How much watt?[/quote said:
Today i installed my Cycle Analyst. Next days i can tell you exactly.
At the video it will be about 2500W.

18s ? Push it up to 50a. It's a lot of fun and the gng can handle it! :D

Here is my new Cockpit with Sram x9 Grip Shift on the left Cycle Analyst in the middle and Magura throttle on the right.
K1600_IMG_1562.JPG

I still have problems to find the right settings for the throttle.
It is oscillating when i am accelerating and its to smooth to do wheelies.
I played a little bit with the gain settings but i haven`t found satisfying settings :(
If anyone can help me to find a good setup please let me know.

nice dash!

Do you use all 9 gears? Do you do any road riding, or WOT on the street?

sigimem said:
Very nice bike. I really like the battery box
What range do you get?
Do you use the current throttle option for the CA 3?
I have seen a thread from methods about installing a magura throttle on a older CA maybe you can find that.

Thank you sigimem!
The range varies between 15-25km depending on whether it is hilly or flat.
I am still trying different throttle settings on CA V3.I'm still not satisfied yet.
How to use it with Magura throttle:
http://www.cycle-analyst.de/Cycle_Analyst_V3_Prelim5_UNOFFICIAL_USER_GUIDE.pdf#page37
-Site 37 / 7.1

Back