Infineon XC846 72V 45 Amp Controller

Loofa said:
Where do you buy the new Infineon controllers? I'm looking for a replacement for my blown 408/4011 controller that came with my crystalyte hub.
member lyen sells infinion controllers

I am having trouble programming my controller. I have everything installed correctly but when I try to transmit, it fails. I have read that I need to disconnect any peripherals such as the throttle from the controller. I did, and the transmission still fails.

I tried soldering a 16v 100uf capacitor to the red lead of the usb cable. That didn't work so I took it off.

I am using my laptop with windows xp sp3.

What do I have to do to get my controller programmed?

Here is a picture of my controller and what I added to it.

controller.jpg

Metall,

Can you post a pic of the programming port / cable you added to the controller.. that should use a normal 846 pinout (skips the middle pin, VCC GND to right RX/TX to left)...

Check your RX/TX to your TTL adapter?

What TTL adapter are you using for this (so I can check the pinouts)?

-Mike

I got my usb-ttl cable from lyen. I installed it exactly as he did - I will try to find the picture I found. I would take a picture myself but it would take 30 mins to open it up and take one..

This is how I wired it -
file.php
usbttlwires.jpg

I saw a picture (from lyen) where he wired it the same way and my wires looked just like he did. I am very confident I have it wired correctly.

So you have an EB212-XX-XXX model controller? What did the model number inside indicate?
I ask because the EB812 and EB212 use different pinouts, the one you posted is for a 212 using a 116 I believe (though I suppose there could be some 212 using 846 mcu).

- Mike

Ahh, that must be it. I have the EB212-A-3 board. The software has an option for the EB812 but not the EB212.

My board (before modification) -

Do I need a different version of the software?

------EDIT-------

OMG IT WORKED!

I was using a different version of the software,, probably the old version. I switched to Method's (which has more options) and now I'm in business! :D :D

Thanks for the help mwkeefer!!!! :D

Yep - figured it was the issue, newer software I believe (who knows, so many out there now) but is it a EB212 with an 846 MCU (main processor) or does it have an 116 processor? I get that it's a 212, which revision any ideas?

Trying to nail it on the head to match search results and help the next guy :)

-Mike

lol :lol:

Maybe this should be added to the technical reference area. Make sure people know that a failed transmission can mean either you don't have 5v power OR you don't have the right software.

I think I am using the 116 software, it is from method's package. I don't know where I got the other one but it's way different.

hi
the programing software all came out of china, most versions were translated by ecrazyman or keywin the first 3 at least.
there is:-
1: the original software this is for the Infineon 846 chip identified by having pins on 2 sides.
2: the second version of the software that first hit ES on methods 18 fet instant start infineon thread I know I posted it as soon as ecrazyman gave me a copy. It was for the 116 chip identifyed because it is square with pins on all sides it is NOT an Infineon made chip but by that time the controllers name was set, this had more options and settings a better program but still lacked in the lvc department.
3:the next version to come out was an advancment of the 116 software with better LVC settings and it was now designed to handle the up and coming controllers that stevo is doing the 24 fet and you will see from the sotware that there is a bigger board on the way a 36 fet.

4:now here is a question mark doc has said that chxs has done a translation and with it broken the 57A limmit on the max current and raised it to 100A. Well done chxs I am still trying to find a copy of this software to varify this for myself but have no reason to doubt it.

well thats a heads up on the history of the programming software for the infineon and just remember always connect the ground wire last that will make the software work many put a switch on the ground wire for this reason.

Geoff

Metallover said:
I got my usb-ttl cable from lyen. I installed it exactly as he did - I will try to find the picture I found. I would take a picture myself but it would take 30 mins to open it up and take one..

This is how I wired it -
file.php
usbttlwires.jpg

I saw a picture (from lyen) where he wired it the same way and my wires looked just like he did. I am very confident I have it wired correctly.

So I'm also having problems with mine, but I'm using a USB-serial adapter I already have. What's the two 5V pads for? They don't seem be along the same "wire" so I'm thinking they're different things and I only have one connected (What seems to be the "main one" with the large copper trace around it.).

Back