Luna in Canada build

Looks like your gonna go for a ride. you"ve got quite the machine,that L R kit must be a torque monster.... ive already started saving for a luna frame.

Hello Marin, this is a very nice build, the LunaCycle frame with the Lightning Rods Big Block looks good. I would add a dual crown fork (DNM USD8, Rockshox Boxxer or Domain) and a badass rear wheel.
Are you using your bike since april ?

Hi there thanks for the interest, this build has been sitting for a bit due to work commitments and another hard tail build.

Here it is in its latest stage with a Sturmey Archer 3 speed fat bike hub and 3.5" tire. I have spread the dropouts to 170mm to accommodate the IGH. This now makes an almost perfect chain line where I was having chain issues with the 135mm nuvinci 171. I haven't had time to test this setup yet.

b1d835e66b3526c19864892c4fb5e120.jpg

Here is the chain line

f008a25e48c46e28294627021a372bcc.jpg

What I have discovered during this build is that as cool of a setup as it is, it's too big for me, I feel like a little kid on a giant bike. I'm coming to terms with parting ways with it.

Marin said:
Hi there thanks for the interest, this build has been sitting for a bit due to work commitments and another hard tail build.

Here it is in its latest stage with a Sturmey Archer 3 speed fat bike hub and 3.5" tire. I have spread the dropouts to 170mm to accommodate the IGH. This now makes an almost perfect chain line where I was having chain issues with the 135mm nuvinci 171. I haven't had time to test this setup yet.

What I have discovered during this build is that as cool of a setup as it is, it's too big for me, I feel like a little kid on a giant bike. I'm coming to terms with parting ways with it.

My N360's chain line was good enough to work and it was 135mm. Any plans to sell your N171?

I know what you mean about the bike being big. I have 26" fat tires on mine and can barely touch the tips of me toes. I'm 6' tall.

Jeremy

Im 6' 2" with a 31" inseam...i hope i will fit when i go to pick it up from Mike....

I am also 280 plus so i think it will work for me.. may have to add a trailer for more batteries (or a generator--lol)

Well I was 5' 4 1/2" and now I'm 5'4", lol, you guys will be fine, better than fine with those rides.

bowhunter29 said:
Marin said:

My N360's chain line was good enough to work and it was 135mm. Any plans to sell your N171?

I know what you mean about the bike being big. I have 26" fat tires on mine and can barely touch the tips of me toes. I'm 6' tall.

Jeremy

Possibly on the n171 I'll pm you later.

Back