Manufacturers/Dealers to Gravitate Towards

When I was in the market for a new e-bike I checked in with a lot of sites. I wanted to go with an American company and stumbled upon Electrified Bicycles. The web site doesn't contain all of the technical information as a lot of other sites, but when I inquired via email I got some great feedback.
The bikes are all made using BMC motors and controllers and the guys running the show were super helpful. While their selection is somewhat limited on the site they were able to offer me any conversion kit or electric setup I wanted through email. The site was also really easy to navigate as some other sites can be over-loaded with info. Here's a link to their site http://www.electrifiedicycles.com

I just did did a ton of research because I have to place a fairly large order for some components. The place with the absolute best prices by far was bike-bling.com. They have pretty much every part on the market, I was very impressed. If you do order from them enter REALDEAL in the coupon area for an additional 10% off. One other dealer I was quite impressed with is Ampedbikes. I was having a nightmare situation tryin to find a torque arm that points in the right direction until I saw their torque arm kit. Whoever thought that up is a bloody genius! They were very quick to send them out and I will definately use them again.

In my experience here are my findings.

PING - Now 4000km, 165 cycles, 12 months and 2 bikes later, my 36v 30Ah pack still puts out 29.95Ah! VERY RECOMENDED

CONHISMOTOR - I took a gamble on their cheap LiFePo4 battery and after 500Km, 14 cycles and 2 months it has the lowest voltage sag I've seen, even at 1800watts! RECOMMENDED

CYCLE ANALYST - Fantastic for voltage info but v1 is not water/rain proof

Edward Lyen is Da Bomb! Quickest service and stands behind his products! Simply amazing how fast he gets stuff to me half way across the country. Other purveyers should copy his speed, accuracy and honesty.
otherDoc

After reading only a little, I ventured into ebike conversion with a kit from ebay- luckybbd.
I think it is a 1000W CONHIS motor rear wheel and 48V 10ah battery pack in an aluminum case (anderson connector), standard controller.
The kit came with everything needed including rack and at an excellent price $800, battery and shipping included. Shipping for the battery rack took 5 weeks.

A few things i added on: a tourque bar, welded onto the rear disk brake mount. ($50 from my local welding shop).
Also, I added a 11t freewheel ($40) -- The freewheel that came on the wheel was a 13t which is silly at 30 mph.

Ping Batteries may be a bit more powerful for the $$ compared to the aluminum case, but the convienence and durability of an aluminum enclosure with a carrying handle is very nice. Also the kit has a battery slide on rack that makes it appear to be a bit more professional.

I havn't seen any kits with nearly the specs as this for $800

The bike can go 30 mph on flat, great acceleration, and my max range is about 20 miles (at about 25mph and a little pedelling)
I have about 200 mi on the bike, and still working well.

Mark.

+1 for Justin @ ebikes.ca
He even met me during non business hours to show me his wares and help me to pick the right parts for my ebike build.

I am very satisfied.

I just got another great set of wheels from John Rob Holmes for the front of my trike. He received my Bitex hubs from the original 349mm wheels and built them to some double wall Alienation BMX wheels in 20" size. Tapered Sapim spokes and solid wheels will keep the track at 28" but narrow the wheels by almost 2" so they can fit through doorways without my taking off the trim! The man is a wheel genius!
Here's pics.100_4721.JPG100_4722.JPG
otherDoc

I highly recommend Ebikekit.com. The kit arrived as described, included everything needed, and was easy to install per directions. Most importantly, it works as advertised and I have no complaints....only compliments. I trust Jason and Ebikekit.com.

I also recommend Worksman Industrial Bicycles. Not only are their trikes and bikes outstanding pieces of craftsmanship, but each is hand built to order in New York (Queens). They are not made in China like 95% (yep, 95%) of bicycles. Heck, even Treks are made overseas now. So sad.

Buy American.

A+ to Powerwerx. I ordered several things, including 2 custom cables, on the Monday holiday (late evening), they made them on Tuesday, shipped them on Wednesday, and I have them in my hands on Thursday. That an accomplishment with stock items but custom cables I expected a week or more would be normal.

Check out their custom stuff, some of it is as cheap as buying the loose pieces and doing it yourself.

http://www.powerwerx.com/

d569eccd.jpg

docnjoj said:
I just got another great set of wheels from John Rob Holmes for the front of my trike. He received my Bitex hubs from the original 349mm wheels and built them to some double wall Alienation BMX wheels in 20" size. Tapered Sapim spokes and solid wheels will keep the track at 28" but narrow the wheels by almost 2" so they can fit through doorways without my taking off the trim! The man is a wheel genius!
Here's pics.View attachment 1
otherDoc

Very nice indeed.

@JRH: how much for a 24" rim with a 20mm axle in the style above? Thanks.

Just want to big up Cell man for coming up trumps as always with orders. Those 350W motors still going strong and really efficient as well. Oh and the BMS works :)

If you are in the Fort Collins, Colorado area I suggest a stop at Small Planet EV run by Josh K. There are a lot of pre-manufactured bikes in the shop as well as customs. Customer service, the one time I needed it, was on the button. He even let me test ride a newer bike out on the lot. The shop is roughly located at Riverside and College. The exact ady is 244 N. College Ave and the phone is 970-416-6803.

Dan

Edward Lyen. The guy is amazing! I ordered a controller, motor testor and some other parts at noon today and the order shipped at 5 oclock same day! Plus he even sent me a video of my controller operating. NOBODY has better service than Lyen. (and his prices are really good too) :mrgreen:

The Mighty Volt said:
docnjoj said:
Here's pics.View attachment 1
otherDoc

Very nice indeed.

@JRH: how much for a 24" rim with a 20mm axle in the style above? Thanks.
Don't know as the max wheel rim is a 20" for these hubs! John Robb can do them but the 38 mm diameter is th smax (or greater) that these wheels at 20" rims can do! I had to red loctite them to make them stop loosening! It seems to be a Bitex thing!
otherDoc

Cell_man and Lyen have been real good to me thus far.

Hobbyking has been great to me too, but i haven't tried to return anything yet, so.. :)

just want to give kudos to e-bikekit.com.went to website last friday to order rear dd hub motor kit and it said out of stock.left a message and 20 minutes later jason calls me and says he can build me a wheel and ship it out sunday,should arrive in minnesota by friday.very impressive indeed.can not wait to install on my surly big dummy.thanks to everyone here for all the good advice.

I recently purchased a 1000W Mac and A123 battery pack (+ a whole bunch of other bits) from Cellman and found him great to deal with. He delivered everything well packed and at a very reasonable price and would be happy to recommend him to any one for his service. (Hope to have my ebike together in a few days :p )

I just placed an order for a new throttle, motor, and controller from Maxwell. The guy is absolutely a pleasure to deal with and extremely helpful with any questions you may have! I would recommend him for any e-bike products you may need. I give him an 11/10!

Have made 2 orders (dozens of different items in them, for testing) by http://www.elifebike.com and they rely ship in 0-2 days. Have received my goodies in claimed time span. Was very surprised as I found new connection diagram posted on the site for connecting 12S lipo to 13S BMS before I got my package, it was not there before my order (My specs was 12S).
Cellman is also a pleasure to deal with, but kind of busy always (not surprising). :)
Can’t say that about other china based suppliers, they kind of sending you stupid questions trying to win some time I suppose.

I am riding a 29er with dual disc brakes.

Could you recommend a place where I could get a 28" kit disc brake mountable for the rear hub?

Back