Manufacturers/Dealers to Gravitate Towards

ebikes.ca -- the standard against which all other ebike kit vendors are measured! excellent service, fast shipping and they always answer questions & stand behind their products. You can get replacement parts like hub motor covers etc. And owner Justin continues to make important contributions to the ebike community.

Pingbattery.com -- good service, answers questions and ships fast considering China. note you might sometimes have to pay an import duty on the battery. not the absolute lightest, and not the highest rated cells in terms of discharge rates either- if you draw 20 Amps from a 10 Ah ping much, it will die quick. But they are sturdy and the BMS is of good quality, and if you run them at 1C-1.5C they will last a long time indeed.

Lyen -- Edward Lyen is easy to work with and knowledgeable, with good deals on good quality modded controllers or even custom jobs that have all the features you want. he tends to keep his documentation and answers and specs and stuff private rather than posting them for everyone to review, but he is helpful and responsive to customers and potential customers.

ebikessf.com -- good quality hub motors/custom wheel builds, full kits, quality higher-amperage LiFePO3/LiPoly battery packs with BMS, and again a lot of practical knowledge to help you get your bike just right. Also does custom whole bike conversions if you don't want to do it yourself, and can fabricate parts etc.

allelectronics.com -- not an ebike parts vendor, but a pretty good online source for misc electronics parts, wires, switches, lights, and that sort of stuff.

Just Installed a kit from Doug from GoCarLite. An Amped Geared Motor and a LifePO4 Battery. Instant Replys to Emails and has His Cell Phone Listed on His Website Really into Ebike Transportation .
http://www.gocarlite.com/Electricbikekitproducts.php

jingsheng above do you have an email contact?
interested in the nimh cells

Hi, my first post. Have been e-biking for 5 yrs now. I know that Ping batteries has a good reputation but I would caution riders about buying his battery. I had multiple problems with 2 of them and 5 of his BMS. It's true, he does try to fix the problem by email and will replace parts as long as you ship (at your cost) the deffective parts back to him but in the end I lost valuable time (including a whole year with no working battery) and money. Right now I am charging one of his cells manually with a 3.8v charger he sent me. The manual charger can't be working properly as it takes a week to charge from 2.5v to 3.8v. He assumes everybody is handy and can solder. I have given up contacting him and have written-off the battery altogether. I think his batteries are meant for tinkerers.

parabellum said:
Have made 2 orders (dozens of different items in them, for testing) by http://www.elifebike.com and they rely ship in 0-2 days. Have received my goodies in claimed time span. Was very surprised as I found new connection diagram posted on the site for connecting 12S lipo to 13S BMS before I got my package, it was not there before my order (My specs was 12S).
I ordered 4 q100 with controller and throttle (according to them on stock) and it took them almost a month to ship them.
There were some wiring problems too I could solve with a mix from his helpand here in the forum. I´d recommend him if you have some technical knowledge and are not in a hurry.

amberwolf said:
How is your Daymak doing, then? ;)

I think we should call all of these 1 post characters into question? Or at least caution everyone who comes here to be suspect of anyone with less than 10 recommendations.
I recommend;
ebikes.ca
cellman
methods
GM Canada

I figure I give these questionably-real types a month to respond (sometiems I ask stuff via PM instead), then when they (almost universally) don't reply, I nuke them as spammers. ;)

Perfect plan. :mrgreen:

I purchased a Bionx PL 350 SL special edition. I expected a well engineered kit, what I got is seemingly endless problems. First throttle problems and intermittent power issues. Now the bicycle computer is not recording milage correctly. OMG it has been very frustrating. I purchased the kit because it was supposed to be the BEST. I am now wondering if I was not better off just keeping my old Ebike Kit with a new battery.

Since you are posting in the "Manufacturers/Dealers to Gravitate Towards" thread, I assume that this means that despite the problems you are having with your BionX, you are still very happy with the company in general?

happyjohnrn said:
I purchased a Bionx PL 350 SL special edition. I expected a well engineered kit, what I got is seemingly endless problems. First throttle problems and intermittent power issues. Now the bicycle computer is not recording milage correctly. OMG it has been very frustrating. I purchased the kit because it was supposed to be the BEST. I am now wondering if I was not better off just keeping my old Ebike Kit with a new battery.

amberwolf said:
Since you are posting in the "Manufacturers/Dealers to Gravitate Towards" thread, I assume that this means that despite the problems you are having with your BionX, you are still very happy with the company in general?

Well, it sems that the thread "Manufacturers to Gravitate Away From" no longer exists, or is buried somewhere, was taken down?

I think it was titled something like Manufacturers to Avoid, and a quick search reveals it is still there, just for some reason no longer stickied. Dunno why, but it's still easy enough to find (knowing it's there, anyway, which a new poster might not). (but still, why would you put a gripe about a manufacturer or dealer in a thread about good ones, unless you still like them despite the problems?).

Now "manufacturers to avoid" is buried down even on previous page , how new member is going to know that it even exists.
So rightly he posts here , I want and many members want to read about bad experiences also.
Constructicve complaining improves the world.
Now since a crappy manufacturer knows there is not sticked thread to critizise...on such busy forum he might think what the hell...

I want to thank the staff at http://www.e-bikekit.com for the quick turnaround and low price. I broke a gear in my Bafang BPM and need a replacement rear wheel with motor asap.

E-bike Kit is located in New Jersey USA which is only a few days by UPS ground shipping vs a few weeks if from overseas.

I put my order in online Sunday and it shipped out Tuesday. According to UPS online tracking, it is scheduled to arrive Thursday.

$218 shipped.

Thank you E-Bike Kit.com

Ive purchased a kit and throttle from conhis... I was fairly pleased with the purchase overall tho the shippin was a lil steep and their was a slight wiring error

http://www.conhismotor.com/

Anyone know about these guys BMSbattery.com ? Im checkin their sight n seeing some good prices for battery stuff
http://www.bmsbattery.com/

I already said a few good words about Terry from Hightekbikes whom I recently bought my Mini Mite kit from. I just noticed something on his website recently that makes me feel a bit less special. He now offers FREE delivery to SF or Berkeley for everyone - not just me. He'll deliver it to your house! Just thought I'd share the good news in case any of you Bay Area folks are looking for kits but don't want to pay shipping, drive way out there to another dealer or wait for crazy long delivery times from other countries.

I don't know of any other dealer who will deliver kits directly to your doorstep free of charge. Of course prices are typically higher than found online, but that's the premium you pay for service and support. I found it was worth it and that's why I made the purchase from him. Prices are competitive to "local" dealers as far as I know. No regrets. He seems to be updating his website quite often. It's good to know a dealer is aimed on improving his company. Two thumbs up for Terry!

Would just like to throw a shout-out to geoman gear. They replaced both of my magicshines *out of warranty* when they decided to quit working as soon as i moved to 6500ft. elevation from 100ft. elevation.

I could have saved $10-$15 buying magicshines from a Chinese vendor.. And i would have been sitting on $80 worth of dead equipment.

Consider buying your lights there.
( note: i am not affiliated with any vendor, just trying to shine a light on the good ones.. pardon the pun )

jolly said:
Ecospeed is great for recumbents. Expensive but is great.

I've heard the same thing about EcoSpeed! They sound like a helpful, great company. (And I have a bias towards recumbents and trikes) :)

carl2.0 said:
Anyone know about these guys BMSbattery.com ? Im checkin their sight n seeing some good prices for battery stuff

ive purchased two bulk chargers from 'em, both work great. they're a little underspec'd, so if you buy a 900w unit expect it to put out about 10% less than that... mine puts out 8.1A at 100V. took em about 2 weeks to build, test and ship. their shipping is kinda pricy unless you buy a few things at once. Customer service has been quite good, genurally less than 48 hours response, often less than 24 hours (mon-fri).

Ive spoken to a number of members who report the same as me re their chargers.

I also purchased some spare throttles, switches and other bits and pieces. quality was ok, though for $4 for a throttle, and $1 for a switch, im pretty damn happy.

Ive heard from others that their BMS systems are a bit touch and go, a few reports of 'em killing cells :shock: ... Stick with the simple stuff like chargers, and test 'em before you use 'em and they're great. :D

For simplicity, Clean Republic makes the Hill Topper...a 250 watt front hub motor kit. http://www.electric-bike-kit.com/hill-topper.aspx

carl2.0 said:

I think BMSbattery.com aren't in this thread for a good reason. I have one their batteries and some of their motors and its generally low quality. I'm having problems with the battery now and its a weak cell. Theyre also very slow and unreliable when it comes to delivery and afterwards with support.

sn0wchyld said:
ive purchased two bulk chargers from 'em, both work great. they're a little underspec'd, so if you buy a 900w unit expect it to put out about 10% less than that... mine puts out 8.1A at 100V. took em about 2 weeks to build, test and ship. their shipping is kinda pricy unless you buy a few things at once.
<snip>
Ive spoken to a number of members who report the same as me re their chargers.
<snip>
Stick with the simple stuff like chargers, and test 'em before you use 'em and they're great. :D

So basically what you seem to be saying (at least about the chargers) is that they lie about the charger ratings by a significant amount, take quite a while to get around to starting the shipping process after you order, and that you don't trust using them without testing them first. ;)

Personally, I'd call that dodgy, despite anything else good they have going for them. :( Especially with the track record they have had with other items in various ES threads.

I don't think he's saying that at all. And here are the specs from there website;
LiFePO4/Lithium Ion/Lead Acid 900W Battery EV Charger. 12V40A, 24V25A, 36V18A, 48V15A, 60V12A, 72V10A, 84V9A, 120V5A
He says he gets 8.1A at 100V. That's seems right in line with the specs to me. Maybe even a little better. One reasopn the shipping takes longer is because these units are custom adjusted per order. Although I'll admit 2 weeks to ship does seem longer than it should take. Others ordering from them have had faster ship times. As for testing them, well I test everything I buy before I use it. Maybe I shouldn't trust any vendors.

Back