Moonshine's Vector/MXUS/MaxE Build

ozman said:
Moonshine thanks for the links much appreciated i found a place here in Australia that sells them
Btw this is where I'm at
7r41WBS.jpg

2 x Mxus 3000 under the bench
Maxe on the bench behind the bikes and another one in the mail on its way
Front wheels and tyres in the mail shipped from chain reaction on Friday
I'm getting poorer every day
Building two of these things is giving the bank balance a real pounding

WOO! TWO! that's nuts! I put in about 3500 to this build and the wife was PISSED! Mostly because I said it was gonna be 2k.... :lol:

Yeh i would probably have 1 going if i wasn't building 2 of them
But the wife would be pissed if i had one and she didn't have one :lol:

I've been messing around with some settings to max out speed.

I set pwr to Mike 2.56 or whatever the max is and ovs to 5 and I end up hitting 56mph downhill. Trying to get to 60mph.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432870321.585622.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432870329.605043.jpg

Before those runs though, I've been concerned about my out of balance pack. I seem to be having issues with two cell lines (higher and lower than average pack voltage)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432870252.767511.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432870262.069658.jpg

Will the BMS sort all that out? I set it to 4.10 even though one of the cells is lower than 4.10. Should I set it lower than the lowest cell voltage? I thought the higher cells would average out the lower ones.

Are those cell lines filled with dud(s)? Should I be concerned or will the BMS balance everything out?

I would contact addapto and ask them about the blown resistor (Should be easy and cheap to fix and find a replacement). This bike is wallpaper worthy! beautiful.

I'm not using the board with the blown resistor though. And thanks!

[youtube]IoiNGE0sNVE[/youtube]

Just a quick preview vid of the bike running. My wife was laughing at my ridiculous grin of happiness... :twisted:

I'm going to a bachelor party back home so I'll be able to pick up my old gopro2 for more future vids!!!

[youtube]EurOnywu-pQ[/youtube]

I have a 38t and 12t chainring and it's surprising how easy it is to pedal. I really gotta weigh it since it feels so much lighter than any previous ebikes I've had!

Nice lines,bike looks excellent.i really like the wheelbase,hope you get your cells matched up.great to see it running,-battery ok- how dare you adaptto :lol: .

Cool Moonshine! Have you started to test OVS settings?
Hope to see more video soon.

Btw did you remove the mesh from the sidepanels? I thought those ventilated sidepanels all had some metal mesh covering the cut outs?

I tweaked the pwr from 1.41 to the max 2.56 (i thinK) and it made a noticeable difference. I'm not sure what setting to keep it on. I have OVS at 4 but again...i'm not sure what i should keep this on either. I tried 7, but i'm not sure i noticed much. I think the pwr1 was MUCH more noticeable.

The only mesh i see on the vented side panels are the ones that i think should be in there. They're siliconed in. I don't see any other mesh.

Hmm the BMS connections aren't the best...I'm gonna try to wire up a new harness from fresh jst-xh pigtails.

The cells seem to be averaging out now but I still get a +/- 0.02 voltage difference. I'm not sure if that's good enough. The rest of the cells are within 0.005v

25R? 0.02 difference you probably wont notice, its just annoying when you can see it and it could be like 0.008 :mrgreen:

if you let the pack sit after charge for a day or 2 does the difference increase? if so that would indicate a dodgy-ish cell, not a bad ballence connection.

if it stays the same, it could well be a bad contact and the controller is showing that group as lower v than they really are..

yea I figured it just the way bms shows the voltages...But I definitely fixed the pack wiring and stuff. Looks like the battery pack was compressing some of the balance wires. Now they're all within 0.005. 8)

Does anyone know how to enable the "lock" feature? I have the controller on all the time, just on "suspend". During suspend it doesn't seem to lock the wheel. thoughts?

havnt done it mself, but later fimware versions have the anti thief function, which shorts the phases to lock the wheel i believe.

its not something i want to do really as i heard of one guy do it and it drained his battery somehow :shock:

perhaps better cut the cable to display somewhere near the steerer, put a keyswitch or magnetic reed switch inline with the RED wire to display, and mount it on the barrs or somewhere.
then join it all up again with shrink and silicone. works really well for me so far, iv done it on 3 bikes now.
ofcourse people could still wheel it off so i always chain it too.

I have the "lock" feature on my current firmware. I set it to "yes" but it doesn't lock up the wheel. But then again I'm using suspend mode. So I thought it would lock. But if I have to cut open the main headset cable I guess I will...

moonshine said:
I have the "lock" feature on my current firmware. I set it to "yes" but it doesn't lock up the wheel. But then again I'm using suspend mode. So I thought it would lock. But if I have to cut open the main headset cable I guess I will...

It's in controller setup --> traction settings at the very bottom.

I just tried it and my bike just wants to go forwards the whole time unless I lock the rear wheel, so I would suggest trying low currents first.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434509563.506568.jpg

61mph! Woo! Not too many long straight roads around my area...but did my best!

Yep! 19x2.75 shinko 241.

OVS 3

Thanks!!! I'm pretty amazed by the mxus and the MaxE. It's just incredible!

My main project is trying to find the best settings. And also thinking about venting the side covers.....not sure about it. I don't want it to get all shitty and dirty inside...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435184545.905577.jpg

my dirtbike trailer!

Back