New custom ebike frame

jana

10 W
I just bought a custom made ebike frame from MunchY in Belgium.
Its in the mail so I am really excited. Lots of room for batteries, onboard charger etcetera.

Picture:

After priming:

Sure will look better than my current setup:

Looks very interesting. I have never heard of this this frame builder before. Some more details would be great. Certainly all the room you would ever need in the triangle there. I like the controller bash guard on the bottom. Some more details on stuff like how sturdy the dropouts are, material its made from, and weight.

Looking forward to the build. 8)

He told me the weight is around 8 kg so a quite heavy.
He also showed me a picture og his new frame that looks even better, and probably a lot lighter.
I will let him now about this thread, maybe he will post some pictures or info.

No full suspension so it is a no go for me. All that space for battery and cannot use it above 25mph is such a shame.

Well here I am, the frame is my offspring :).

If anybody wants to know some specifik details about the frame, just shoot.

Here is a reply on Kepler's questions.
I constructed the frame of 2mm steelsheet, maby kinda overrated. 1.5 should have done it to.
Annyway, I its as strong as a tank :).
The dropouts: one side is standard, the other side I had to reïnforce with a 10mm thick steel plate. Cut the dropout in it and welded it to the frame.
Also the rear bracket for disc brakes I had to custom build and weld it to the frame.
The weight is 9kg, sorry Jan, I was 1kg off.

About the speed, I did not had any problems with that. top speed at 50V was 56kmph.
No sore back, or,... But I did used a spring guided seatpost. That one is also on its way to Jan.
There are also hydraulic suspension seatposts on the market I've seen, should even work better. But they are expensive :(.

The concept is to use a lot, a lot and lots of batteries. There is enough room for it.
I ran 1200W lipo on it, while the inside of the frame was only filled for 40%, with 1200W lipo^^.

I like your idea Jan, to fit a charger in it. I only installed the batteries in it.
You could also install 80*80mm fans, there are 3 holes in the back for it. Only if you want to :).

Jana, I'm curious if your build is already finished.
Has been 2 years since we spoke last.

A couple of pictures of the frame while I was riding it.
And the renewed version of it made of aluminum.

Old one, now property of Jana :).
Ebike 2012.jpg
Ebike 2012 1.jpg

New one, my property :).

Back