New electric mountain bike frame by Phasor Cycles

Fail?...

Yea the rumor I have heard is the frame failed & that's why we have no updates as the team scrambles to
correct issues and make a revision.. if that's the case then just let us know.. this board is cutting edge with
no BS and that's what I love about it. not much worse then no information. If people are just busy making
sh1t happen then just tell us I can understand that.

Sorry for the honest post I want one of these frames and think the lack of update is bad for everyone.

Even if the frame did fail, it was a proto-type. These things happen. Im sure most of us werent expecting perfection the first go at it. But zero communication and/or updates makes the rumors fly. Either way, leaving us all with our pants down wont help Phasor Cycles in any way.

bush_internets.jpg

well if the frame failed or not any info why it failed would be good and how thay will go about fixing it is good info for people like me still intrested in getting one
but no info at all will not help dont be :oops: about it its still will be a fab bit of kit because of all the testing its had and you will know it will be safe when we get one me hopes :p

Hoping we can get an update on what's up with this build. Ready to spend my money on something and I like the product I have seen from you guys.

The rumors of Phasor Cycles death are greatly exaggerated..Deutch420 put your pants back on! I have been out of the country sans internet for a couple weeks, then I had a hospital visit unrelated to any testing or bikes. I am happy to say that I and the bike are still fully intact. I had an infection in my throat which put me out for a few days as soon as I got back, I had to have a minor surgery yesterday and I am on the way back to normal after a miserable few days unable to swallow, sleep, eat drink or talk. I guess Dan has been busy with work, both of us have jobs that can be demanding at times.

We are still getting the bike ready for some real testing, I wanna put it through anything I would put a mountain bike through. There are a couple minor revisions that will be made, trivial things like panel bolt locations for better access etc. they will not affect the appearance. We are also going to add some reinforcement around the headtube area to increase the factor of safety there. I have been working on the battery pack, this is no fun but I should have it ready to install later this week, by then I hope the new spring for the front fork will have come in the mail then we are ready.

2012-03-07_19-15-41_515.jpg

The battery pack will be 15s4p / 56V 20 A*hr, with another 20A*hr available for a quick change pack, or to double up in parallel for a 15s8p / 56V 40A*hr long range pack.
We decided on a more conservative motor setup for now, since we want something reliable to test the frame, we are not interested in testing electronics at this point. When we are ready we can wire the 2 packs in series for a 111V 20A*hr pack, with a gearless motor. The versatile pack will also allow us to test out some different power levels with the 2WD setup in the future, but for now we are focused on what we built, the frame.

The light testing we have done thus far the suspension was not setup yet, (too soft) and the battery pack / motor controller was not in. For those who want to build an EMTB incrementally, this still makes a good DH bike until you can get your electronics figured out / purchased, so you can still have something to ride at least, even without electronics.

As for the status of the preorders we still need a few more to get the pricebreaks we need. We have a few already, and several people on the fence so the first batch should be underway soon. We think some of the testing we have planned will make this thing stand out and really show what it was made for, and this will probably make some jump the fence. We will keep you guys posted!
Thanks-
David

dpearce said:
..Duetch420 put your pants back on!

You sound like my GF. I like em off 8)

Very happy to hear from the Phasor gang again. Hope you feel better soon.

In regards to "needing a few more buyers in order to get the pricebreaks". You should set up an email or something so users can contact you. I know there are many users on the forums interested, but most cant find out who or where to pay. Make that more clear and youll get more "Serious" buyers.

Prior PMs sent to me were asking for deposits, is this still the case? If so, how much and where do we send funds?
Any type of ETA?

Great to hear from someone at Phasor!

:shock:

David
Hope you get well soon.
Travel and sickness not a good combination.
Anyways has Phasor considered posting in the for sale new section here?
Would make sense now that you have a product for sale.

Finished the wiring harness
2012-03-09_16-13-46_473.jpg

Then crammed it all in there. This reminds me of why this whole bike project ever materialized in the first place, as a way to conceal and protect all the guts instead of having them exposed.

2012-03-10_16-44-55_315.jpg

packed it away out of sight, with just the balance leads and battery connection poking out.

2012-03-13_13-58-14_382-1.jpg

And it was finally ready for a test ride under its own power. Still waiting on the front spring in the mail to stiffen the front up, so I have been limited to the streets, but I can't wait to get it on some trails.

2012-03-13_14-15-41_68.jpg

Contact me if you are interested in pre-orders through PM or at
info@phasorcycles.com
There are a few spots left for this first run of frames, when we get 10 pre-orders we will order everything in bulk and start producing them one by one.
I hope to get the spring in the mail before the weekend so I can put some miles on this thing.

I would love buy one for myself, and wait in couple month then I'll have enough buy one frame since I got reserved 2 CroMotors coming end of this month. Hope you don't mind 8)

What does everyone plan to do for a front fork and rear shock? I'de love to get a Fox 40 but the maintenance and price are just too much for me.
What are you guys getting? :?:

Plan on getting some used
Marzcocchi 888
ebay pinkbike mbtr
Anyone have advise/know about what to look for/avoid in used 888s?
I know I will need to make sure the steertube is a certain lenght.
Anyone at Phasor have a reccommendation on what the minimum lenght steer tube should be on a set of forks?

Yea I plan on figuring that out when I hear they are going into build.

What colors you guys looking to get ? I was thinking forest green , but I am not sure.

Thanks for the updates. Are the small revisions going to be included first in the 10 builds ?

Come on guys get yours now \o/

Are you still taking orders? I was on your website but the online shop area had some problem. thanks.

Sent using Endless-Sphere Mobile app

Yea I am pretty positive they are.. they still need a few more to reach the initial 10 to start the 1st batch.

I am on that list.. can't want to see the final result.

Microbatman said:
Plan on getting some used
Marzcocchi 888
ebay pinkbike mbtr
Anyone have advise/know about what to look for/avoid in used 888s?
I know I will need to make sure the steertube is a certain lenght.
Anyone at Phasor have a reccommendation on what the minimum lenght steer tube should be on a set of forks?

What 888's do you plan to get? As suggested, there are 2 years to avoid. 08 and 09 i think. I think there were issues with them cracking :shock:
I too like the 888's, im just not sure what is better than another. I know 2010 Fox 40's lighlty used can be had for 800ish. Or 888 Evo V2's ti new are 1500!! I think the steel 888 v2's are 1000. Whats wrong with the Boxxer Domains for 500 new?

I wonder if phasor can get some type deal on front forks and rear shocks. If not, maybe we should try a group buy? 10 bikes for the first batch, lets say 1/2 need forks and rear shocks. even at an average of 1000 a fork and 400 rear shock, with 5 people in that's $7,000 worth of gear. Maybe we can pull 10%? Anyhting is better than nothing...
There is always the option to get accountants up-side-down style DNM fork.

ohzee said:
What colors you guys looking to get ? I was thinking forest green , but I am not sure.

I have no idea yet either.

BATFINK said:
Are you still taking orders? I was on your website but the online shop area had some problem. thanks.

Yes they are. They need 10 pre-orders before they are starting the first production. Last i spoke with them was about 5 days ago and they had 5 pre-orders. One is mine :). I wish they would make a thread in the FS section, but i guess the frames not 100% ready yet. I just hope i get mine before June. :roll:

Should be able to find new 888 EVOs for under $1,000 with a bit of poking around. $800 is a good but reachable price.

PM me and I can forward you to someone selling EVOs for under $800. I have never bought anything from him, so can't vouch, but believe he is a certified Marzocchi dealer. Most dealers should go to near $800 - ask your local dealer if they will.

Of course, I am talking about steel 888s, not Ti.

Thanks for info, how much deposit do they need to pre order?

Sent using Endless-Sphere Mobile app

Back