New hub (frock) motor just arrived

HAL9000v2.0

10 kW
It is much bigger then X5 but 2 kg lighter. More info when I open them...
The price will be around 550$...With freewheel thread will be around 600.

xxx-003.jpg

xxx-004.jpg

Hurry, open them, get them hooked up to a battery and spin them, I need details so I can place my order!

Gee, eventually you won't even need to put spokes on those, you just wrap a tire around it and bolt it onto your frame, ha ha..

yeah, specs please.

neptronix said:
Gee, eventually you won't even need to put spokes on those, you just wrap a tire around it and bolt it onto your frame, ha ha..

yeah, specs please.

Funny you should say that, was joking with HiGHSiDE Hyena about that just the other day...

Love the title of the thread Hal hehehe long live the "Frock" LOL

KiM

Wow , Is that like 5 1/2 lbs. lighter?

Hal, that looks like a frock I can wear.

Sign me up for one.

Spacey said:
Need specifications :) What is it like compared to HT/HS motor?

Dont think you can compare these motor with HT/HS, price and performance is in another tier.
Im betting it ll eat X5304/05 for breakfast.
Woulda love to know the specs too.

Accountant/Hal

What happened to this motor? I mean at least it doesnt look nothing like the the new one.

Jesus that's huge. If it's lighter, it probably doesn't quite end up with as much copper and maybe not as much power? It's hard to imagine an something with linearly more power than an X5 with respect to size.

Sick motor!

Edit: just realized this post is old and stale...

Yes, its old... I was wondering if there could be a motor that is that big and fat as the new one. hehe

grindz145 said:
Jesus that's huge. If it's lighter, it probably doesn't quite end up with as much copper and maybe not as much power? It's hard to imagine an something with linearly more power than an X5 with respect to size.

Sick motor!

Edit: just realized this post is old and stale...

The X5 makes terrible use of the copper and iron it has. It's an extremely non-optimized tooth design.

liveforphysics said:
The X5 makes terrible use of the copper and iron it has. It's an extremely non-optimized tooth design.

It's optimized for pedalists, so when they run out of juice earlier due to the lower efficiency they can more easily pedal it home due to the lower cogging. :lol:

Back