• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Norco Bigfoot 6.2 ? Which way to go?

saucisse

10 mW
Which options would be best suited for a Bigfoot 6.2 ?

So far I really like the BBS02 conversion kit / DIY kit from California ebikes but the price/shipping/ import fees to Canada is rather steep.

This is not going to be a commuter or what so ever but only for fun, grin maker I like to say.

I want to stick to 48ish volts, not looking for a speed monster since this is not what a fat bike is meant for anyways.

Cromotor, wont reccomment anything else, its the only motor i havent cooked (cooked 3 nine c, two hs35) . I pull two kids on sled with cromotor, barely gets warm. 17"motor wheel . there is alot to be said for sizing your motor correctly. and if u want to not be stopped by anything canadian winter can offer, get a cro!!

IMO, with all aluminum frame and dropouts it's not suited for any electric motor without adding a couple of steel torque plates to the rear dropouts.

I will follow this thread. But I have just bought a new Norco Bigfoot 6.3 with the intention to convert to electric, for beach riding. I have a BBS02 on an old Specialized Rockhopper hard tail that I must say is fantastic with the BBS, but I want something with fatter tyres for better and more comfortable riding along the beach and occasional rock crossings (in places where the sand is washed away). So I presently plan to go with another BBS02, once my Australian supplier is able to do the 100mm BB conversion to one - hopefully soon!

Simonism

Simonism,

How is your supplier going to modify BBS02's to work on 100mm BB? Has got a new method, or is something new coming out soon? I have been waiting for good fatbike bbs02 option also.

Thanks,
Leelorr

Well I'm ditching the idea of using the bbs02 on my bike. I want to be able to use all the existing gears to pedal like a normal bike when not using the motor. Looks like I'll be on the hunt for the best geared rear hub motor.

Back