Post Your Electric Longboard or Electric Mountainboard Build

rs4race said:
This is my first board the Outrunner Board, It was built for a class project. I wish I would have found this website back then, we could have made a better board.
Specs are:
Sk3 5055 320kv motors
HTD 5M 12/36 gearing
3d printed hangar clamps
cnc cut aluminum motor plates
Hk150 esc w custom heatsink
Turnigy 6s 5.8ah x 2
Custom Omen Kush 16plies
Orangatang wheels 3d printed spacers

@rs4race, I love the embedded equipment/battery setup you have. Very clean! It looks like you're getting ready for some serious production...

Finally "finished" my setup for now as well, upgraded my deck (bustin boards 36 EQ) and my receiver with @austindavid and @torqueboards wiiceiver kit.

Final specs:

• Speed: 24 mph
    Distance: 8 miles
    Weight: 17 lbs
    Motor: Single Turnigy SK3 - 6364-245kv
    ESC: Mamba Monster 2
    Battery: 6S 8Ah string
Remote: Wii Nunchuck Wiiceiver (via http://diyelectricskateboard.com/product-category/wireless-wii-nunchuck/)

View attachment 2

skate_5.jpg

skate_6.jpg

Almost forgot to post the final result here. Here are some images:

lajN1qm.jpg

H0jeTjs.jpg

HSqLXiu.jpg

n2HD85d.jpg

Close-up of the electronics box

psychotiller said:
@ Tallahau

Yeehaw! How do you like front wheel drive?

I think it's great! Tried both back wheel and front wheel and the ride felt much smoother and it was easier both to break and steer when the power/breaking came from the front. I think it might depend on the board also, with my previous it felt better with rear wheel.

Just keep in mind whenever a small debris piece gets stuck in your motor or if it stalls you will end up on the mother earth extremely fast!!!

Here are my boards that I never made a build topic for:

MTB:
7s 5.8AH Zippy Compact
Alien 150A 7s dual ESC
170kv 63mm Alien motors
04b Chain
Max speed about 35kmh (recorded)

Love the power of it, speeding over unpaved roads with it is just great. Motor protection keeps all that nasty debris away, I think the motors would be shot already if they were naked.

uc

uc

Commuter
3x2s zippy compact 5.8AH
Alien sensored 7s single ESC
alien 50mm sensored motor
5m htd 9mm belt
max speed recorded at 50% power so far 10kmh
5'' modified skike wheels
wiiceiver nunchuck controller
poor mans turnigy bms/fuel gauge
on board charging
24v led system
Murfix' great motor mount
diy deck w/ drop and concave

So far it works great. Love the on board charging and the wiiceiver. the motor gets warm but not too much and has enough power to push me up some hills without slowing significantly. Will be testing fwd once I emptied one pack in rwd, which is not too bad for now. On small pneumatic tires I feel so much safer than on 76mm flywheels!

uc

uc

rs4race said:
Ok that looks nice! What tires are those?

Hey thanks rs4race! Its just a generic 200x50 tire that I painted with Krylon Fusion for plastic. They are actually peeling off, but it's easy to re-paint as long as you have a cut-out vinyl template.

austindavid said:
My guess is Roadie tires on MBS wheels, with whitewalls. Looks fantastic!

Thanks Austin! BTW, you're doing a great contribution to this forum.
Yeah MBS roadie tires work well too, although they're more grippy. These generic scooter tires will slide if you go low on air pressure, kinda still have that skateboard feel to it I guess.

Pediglide said:
Beach Cruiser E-board/scooter. For those that haven't been on a skateboard, let alone a powered one. :mrgreen:
Great job! Thats wicked. I love how it is powered by that foot trigger. That's a great idea!

theprodigyp said:
Great job! Thats wicked. I love how it is powered by that foot trigger. That's a great idea!

Thanks prodigy! Here's a video of the board in action while it still had the green trim:

[youtube]o0qKSuqAwzk[/youtube]

Next up, a Golfboard/All-terrain version with dual "front" motors.

lxgoldsmith said:
I want to do this in the U.S. with some 3d printed parts.

I'm not sure what you meant there, but this was in the good ole' US of A. :wink:

I finally made a second board, which I will be using to test wiiceivers and ESCs. 6S (right now), single 50xx motor @ 280kV. I've tested it with a flier ESC and a "Favourite" ESC borrowed from torqueboards.

All the parts, including the deck, came from diyelectricskateboard.com, and it's pretty nice. On my maiden voyage I recorded 22.6 mph, and I definitely had room in the throttle.

top.jpg

The red one is momentary for anti spark as you thought. The other two are 24v LEDs on/off independently from the ESC power and Connecticut/disconnect the turnigy dlux balancer/fuel gauge.

I have to make sure that the build isn't too expensive and the lipo are far from rainwater. Yes, the design I have in mind would be complicated to make with aluminum (especially with few tools on hand).

Weather is my enemy here in fl.

Here are mine! check out my posts if you want to learn more!
http://imgur.com/Az1NV29
Az1NV29

Slistack said:
Here are mine! check out my posts if you want to learn more!
http://imgur.com/Az1NV29
Az1NV29

Cool stuff. Now let's see it mounted on the board : )

Back