Post Your Electric Longboard or Electric Mountainboard Build

New added feature - Electric Longboard Front Headlights

SAM_0465.jpg

SAM_0466.jpg

SAM_0469.jpg

SAM_0470.jpg

SAM_0471.jpg

Looks great. Can't wait to actually use it. Bought it from Ekick - http://www.ekicktech.com/. Took a few weeks to get them as they are made to order.

Frame is made from aluminum and cap/side is 3d printed. Nicely made though.

Perhaps, one of these days. I would like to make a similar/easier 3d printed headlights.

Here's a few links to DIY options..
- https://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/articles/tech-articles/how-to-make-longboard-lights
- http://lucianchapar.com/?p=102

I also wanted to test out putting RC Truck headlights on the board but wasn't sure how bright those were.

Hi All!

Another succesful longboard build:

1180mm pintail longboard deck(ebay)
paris 180mm trucks + 83mm pro wheel (ebay)
sk3-5065-236kv (hobbyking)
hk150A car/truck esc (hobbyking)
turnigy 6s 3000mAh 20C (hobbyking)
HTD 5mm 14T/40T steel pulleys(local SKF ballbearing shop)
HK GT2 transmitter/receiver (hobbyking)

2 copy.jpg

3 copy.jpg

5 copy.jpg

6.PNG

Thanks for infos!

Regards,
Laszlo

okp said:
simple but effective one! You should protect the lipo.

Thankx! Yes, enclosure in progress :)))))

awesome voodojar
great to see this take off.
congratulations

Hi, everyone!

Here is my new 2wd Build. (previous build was on the first page of this
Motor: Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-149kv Brushless Outrunner Motor - 2 unit
Battaries: ZIPPY Compact 5800mAh 11S 25C Lipo Pack - 3 units
ESC: 150A 2-12S Car ESC - 1 unit
Hobby King GT-2 2.4Ghz 2Ch Tx & Rx
Sprockets: 11t (on motors) and 55t (on wheels)

Max Speed is about 50-55 km/h.
Running time is 24 km
I ride mostly in town, but sometimes ride off road.

[youtube]H6hnwg9mHoc[/youtube]
[youtube]LM2XT1cI8ig[/youtube]

Attachments

• DSC_0697.JPG
    DSC_0697.JPG
    288.5 KB · Views: 7,223
  • DSC_0699.JPG
    DSC_0699.JPG
    308.5 KB · Views: 7,223
  • DSC_0700.JPG
    DSC_0700.JPG
    299.8 KB · Views: 7,223
Aluminum Longboard! Will make this electric just waiting on a mounting piece for the components soon. Going to add vicious grip tape to it and a Flo foot stop. Might be a bit thick though at 1/4". I think I want to try 1/8" and hopefully it's thick enough.

Aluminum_Longboard_0.jpg

Aluminum_Longboard_1.jpg

Aluminum_Longboard_2.jpg

Here's my build:
  • ~18lbs
  • twin 245k enertion e-board motors, belt drive
  • enertion trucks
  • enertion mounts, pullys, motor controllers
  • 83mm ABEC 11 Flywheels
  • blood orange ABEC 9 bearings
  • venom 98a double barrels in the trucks
  • 41" Bustin Yoface double kick deck
  • 10ah LiPoly battery
  • $3 radio shack LED rocker switch to replace stock power switch. Stock switch kept cutting power due to excessive vibration
  • ~45-50 minutes run time
  • balanced fast charger takes it from 20v to 25v in about 90 minutes, give or take
  • ~20-22 mph top speed (pretty sure but guessing atm. I have plans for an arduino/reed switch based speedometer that will end all doubt)
  • unholy amount of fun
  • does not give one crap about sticks or acorns
  • headlight and taillight for riding at night

IMG_3545-550x413.jpg

IMG_3528-550x413.jpg

IMG_3530-e1422014065841-550x413.jpg

Total cost with the Enertion power and drive kits plus the Bustin deck and double barrels and all other upgrades was around $1300.

I use a balanced fast charger, also from Enertion. I have not had to discharge for storage yet due to it always being riding weather in Florida. However, I do keep it above 22 volts while its leaning up against the wall. It rides between 25v and 20v, with fire alledgedly happening below 18v. I have to assume this is standard fare for 6S LiPolys, as all the literature begins and ends with "fire hazard if you X".

Seems like I'm always working on it, but I suppose everything needs bugs ironed out. The ESC came with a miswiring so I had to tear it down and re-solder the voltage meter wires. Vibration was such an issue I had to completely rebuild and re-threadlock everything after my initial build, after losing screws and almost a couple parts. Also had to replace a switch because it kept cutting power due to vibration. My streets are terrible. I highly recommend paved bicycle trails like those found in some state parks. Incredible rides happen there.

When on good streets, however, the ride is super smooth and sounds like a star wars speeder. It turns heads and gets people asking questions. It also attracts squirrels and dogs, some of which I can outrun without fear of getting them tangled up in my motors. Has anyone here had a squirrel tangled up in their pulleys and motors? Not looking forward to that day.

more details on my blog

This is my build,
I used DIY electric skateboard KIT, and received a lot of help and support during the bumpy road (Thanks Dexter )
Using two Zippy 5000 (20c) connected in serial, 120amp ESC, Wireless Wii Nunchuck and 270KV brushless motor.
I rides well.

Now for my next project im planning a carbon made deck with an internal enclosure and a motor hub to protect the motor- this is still in design phase.
Moreover im trying to create the electric wiring needed to have a one plug balanced charger + a power button.
Also found this little battery bar add-on, what do you think ? (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/12V-Precise-Real-Capacity-Tester-LED-Lead-acid-battery-Indicator-Electric-Parameter-Meter/1801776550.html)

Attachments

• 20150203_091959.jpg
    20150203_091959.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 6,884
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    124 KB · Views: 6,884
Hello !

Just finished (well for now) my first board. It's actually a second verszion, the original was equipped with a red brick esc, 5065 SK2 275kv motor and 6s 5000mah HK lipo.
That setup broke down due to the 5065 motor snapping its 3 small bolts holding the front plate to the rotating part of the motor.
It was super twitchy with a lot of torque.

Now the setup is as following:

Earthwing Big Hoopty deck
76mm abec11 flywheels 75A duro
Caliber 50 V2 trucks
ADS with 12 / 36 gearing
APS 5065 2,2kw motor
Electric Bubblegum Case + 7S li ion battery + Flier 7s ESC
Traxxas 27mhz controller (range is limited but works ok while riding)

Speed is 30kph max with me (almost 200lbs) on top. Range is to be determined.
The new setup feels a little less powerfull then V1 but is actually a way chiller ride, a small mistake in throttle does not send the board and/or me flying.
And now for some pictures:

a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg

Superrated,
Nice setup, where did you get the Electric Bubblegum Case from ?
can you upload pictures of the internals ?

llooks great

Superrated said:
Hello !

Just finished (well for now) my first board. It's actually a second verszion, the original was equipped with a red brick esc, 5065 SK2 275kv motor and 6s 5000mah HK lipo.
That setup broke down due to the 5065 motor snapping its 3 small bolts holding the front plate to the rotating part of the motor.
It was super twitchy with a lot of torque.

Now the setup is as following:

Earthwing Big Hoopty deck
76mm abec11 flywheels 75A duro
Caliber 50 V2 trucks
ADS with 12 / 36 gearing
APS 5065 2,2kw motor
Electric Bubblegum Case + 7S li ion battery + Flier 7s ESC
Traxxas 27mhz controller (range is limited but works ok while riding)

Speed is 30kph max with me (almost 200lbs) on top. Range is to be determined.
The new setup feels a little less powerfull then V1 but is actually a way chiller ride, a small mistake in throttle does not send the board and/or me flying.
And now for some pictures:

View attachment 2
View attachment 1

Can you give an estimate of your range (please let me know your battery setup) and your gearing ratio thanks.

The gearing ratio is 12 to 36.
The battery is the standard electric bubblegum battery, 7s2p 26650 lithium ion with 9400mah.
Weather is really bad around here at the moment so I can't ride as much as I wish, but on the latest charge I rode 10km and battery indicator now reads out at 60% capacity.
Of the 10km i rode 4 km full throttle.
I'm guessing the range will be about 16-20km depending on riding style.

Hey guess! It has been a long time since I have posted anything but since Torque made this awesome thread here is a preview of my build that I have spent about the last year and a half making. I will update with new features eventually. I am gonna put brighter LEDs on the front, LEDs on the bottom and some LED nozzle tips for my tires. I really hate the snow because these street tires dont really grip well.

I am still working on this video too to make it for the entire song.
:D

Let me Know what you all think!
If you have any questions just ask.
As I have been new to this and being a young adult there is plenty that I have learned and thank you to many people on this website who have helped me figure everything out.
:mrgreen:

[youtube]o4zWdX2zz5M[/youtube]

I am currently running the tacon Bigfoot 160. How do I remove the bolt from the back of the motor? I unscrewed the 6 black screws and the bolt still will not come out.

Thanks. I like the 29" length, easy to carry and very nimble. I just hate stepping right on top of the trucks. My feet hurts after. :x

Maybe I got spoiled by the air-tires.

torqueboards said:
Haha nice 29". I just bought one recently want to set it up and see if its not too bad going downhill. Ill post it soon too.

There might be more 29" eboards. I though it was smaller.

Thanks. If you want to go really fast, this may not be the board to do it. This thing gets wobbly at past 15mph because of the short wheelbase and height of the deck.

There is actually an E-board called Bolt on indiegogo right now. It's 23 inches and looks like they get their electronics from Bruno. It's very portable.

okp said:
down small hills !!! the board is nice :) love it - what is the setup ? looks like a bubblegum :>

okp, I'm not sure if you're asking about mine or Torque's, but mine is MBS mini pintail 29", 83mm ABEC 11 clone, 6s/5ah li-po, Skyrc toro 150a ESC <-----You guys should try this out. It's got bluetooth connectivity to adjust settings and throttle/braking curves! A shame its only 6s :(

I have a cheap industrial brushless inrunner: http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/dcm-459/3-phase-brushless-dc-motor/1.html. I like it because its sensored, but it's not as efficient as the outrunners.

Back