Qulbix Raptor 140

atarijedi said:
Hey guys,

Just a few questions. I'm finally buying more of the bicycle side components now, and I don't know a lot about bicycle stuff. So some specs first:

Raptor 140 Chassis with the 165mm dropouts
QS 205 50H V3 motor
Warp 9 21x1.85" front rim, 18x2.15" rear rim (waiting for these to show up in mail)
Shinko 241 21x2.75" front tire, 18x3.00" rear tire

I have a 3 ring and 5 ring freewheel for the rear, also waiting for them to show up in the mail.

and I weigh about 205lbs.

1. How many of you use a 10.5" x 3.5" rear shock? Any using a Cane Creek DB? I was looking at getting the CCDB + 400lbs coil. Any issues with length throwing off geometry or the shock hitting the chassis?

2. I was looking at getting an older set of new Manitou Dorado's 27.5". Anyone here running air suspension forks?

3. Anyone else running a TruVativ Hammerschmidt AM with crossbreak's chainring mod? I like the integral design, and being able to put a 38T chainring and then have 61T at the push of a lever sounds nice. Pricey though, although not as pricey as the Schlumpf.

The axle to crown measurement on the Manitou Dorado's 27.5 is going to change the head angle. Do you know what the sidewall height is on the 21 inch front, that will be a factor to the A-C measurement.
If you head over to http://bikegeo.muha.cc/ and enter the numbers for your frame and fork choices you will get a better idea of Axle to crown VS steerer angle less the added sidewall height.

Bought his qulbix raptor 140 frame a couple of years ago and just finished this build. It has the HPC CROWN motor with hubsink cooling fins and Ferrell fluid. Cooling fins work. Battery is 72 volt X 26 amp/hr from LA ebike. Cable are nternally routed which need some custom holes drilled in the frame. Rear rim is a 19" X 1.6" moto rim with a 3.25 Chang Shen knobby. Front rim is 26" X 65mm Wienman with a Duro 3.0 knobby. Found a 90 volt headlight on eBay and installed a connector to direct plug into the cycle analyst. Installed a CRF70 rear fender, needed lots of cutting but work pretty well. Bike handles really good with good power. Lots of fun.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 1,369
  • image.png
    image.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 1,369
  • image.png
    image.png
    196.3 KB · Views: 1,369
  • image.png
    image.png
    190.8 KB · Views: 1,367
Vinsanity said:
Bought his qulbix raptor 140 frame a couple of years ago and just finished this build. It has the HPC CROWN motor with hubsink cooling fins and Ferrell fluid. Cooling fins work. Battery is 72 volt X 26 amp/hr from LA ebike. Cable are nternally routed which need some custom holes drilled in the frame. Rear rim is a 19" X 1.6" moto rim with a 3.25 Chang Shen knobby. Front rim is 26" X 65mm Wienman with a Duro 3.0 knobby. Found a 90 volt headlight on eBay and installed a connector to direct plug into the cycle analyst. Installed a CRF70 rear fender, needed lots of cutting but work pretty well. Bike handles really good with good power. Lots of fun.

Great build, very nice indeed.

Last time I needed an extra to mill down I had to order from Qulbix. Shipping is a bit expensive so you might grab any other nick nack parts you think you might need at the same time.

electraflyit said:
Hi,
I know thread is a bit old but can anyone point me to where i might find the rear brake adaptor, one thread on mine is stripped.
thanks Eddie

might be easier to find a helicoil kit from your local tool store and fix it.

Back