Revolt Rv-120 -- Sine wave-- Specialized big hit

So that means actually there's NOTHING with those characteristics available, at least nothing you can argue about.
Would like to remember me and everybody that we are in the Electric Bicycles section of the forum, and that this is the emoto's thread about the RV-120 on a specialized, actually one of the closest motor to what I'm eventually looking for, but anyway far from the requested specs, at least until a suitable controller will be found and tested by someone.

that's cool Boisrondevens, you know that I'm very interested in your build, would be great If you'd like to share vids and more data from your actual setup, I'd love to see that big outrunner spinning....
How about the freehub driver? Is it working fine? there are so many crucial questions your build engages that......please keep us updated :wink:

Wow where to start.
Update ive sold the big hit frame but that has not dulled my interest in a build with the rv120 looking now at a custom frame.
Thanks all for your information and points of view, re 2 stage reduction vs single ,i personally will stick to the large outrunner motor single reduction for simplicity.
panurge said:
Would like to remember me and everybody that we are in the Electric Bicycles section of the forum, and that this is the emoto's thread about the RV-120 on a specialized,
No problem panurge if we can share our info / points of view here we all win..... i think a rv 100 would come very close to what you want.

boisrondevens bike is looking good,We share a lot of stats here to get some of idea of performance of our bikes on the sphere but at the end of the day , its a 0 to 60 or 80 kmh time ''real world'' test that would show us a lot.... If you could find the time for that it would be great.

New rv100 bike :D http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57668&start=400
IMG_2636.jpg

How wonderful showing some pretty impressive performance on the RV120pro. The ah-ha here is what controller is driving? The controller used definitely needs a looking at for use in ebikes

windtrader-- imagine that strapped to your back in a runaway wot paramotor event, on controller im guessing a jeti/ hacker.

Wheazel --- my thoughts are what frame im going to use / fabricate atm . i would really like a hybrid [ reduction/hub convertible ]
Also speeds new thread on the rv160 pro sounds exciting 8) http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69545

this is a great thread.

im still on the fence, but i am beginning to suspect that the natural course of the ebike builder is to eventually learn the techniques to attain the ultimate state of mid-drive :p

thats if they diddnt just go straight there ofcourse.

Cool thread John

I have been thinking about something like this for my Vector have 1 frame left.

I was thinking A.C. HPEV motor and Curtis controller my thoughts were 17" wheels and make up a pulley for belt to fit beside disc rotor side and leave cassette and derailer on the otherside.

The Vector can go 155mm between the drop outs. What do you Guys think?

Ps not hijacking your thread I hope.

Cheers Kiwi

ridethelightning said:
im still on the fence,
Same :D
kiwiev said:
Cool thread

I have been thinking about something like this for my Vector have 1 frame left.

I was thinking A.C. HPEV motor and Curtis controller my thoughts were 17" wheels and make up a pulley for belt to fit beside disc rotor side and leave cassette and derailer on the otherside.

The Vector can go 155mm between the drop outs. What do you Guys think?

Ps not hijacking your thread I hope.

Cheers Kiwi
Wow what luck to have a spare frame, 17'' my thoughts exactly = robust/ not such a big reduction needed / bit tyre choice / belt would nice but a compromise is small stones ect off road as mentioned earlier.
And no your no hijacking in the least.. after the effort if this this thread inspires a rv build or serves as a data base we all win.
Also interesting https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=71051 if Leeleeducati uses a revolt.

Alexey from Revolt said i could post this info. Additional 100-Pro dimensions (PDF) and Bemf waveforms (good sine wave).

Attachments

• Revolt Bemf.jpg
    Revolt Bemf.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 3,886
Thought I would add that this recumbent trike project is underway. Based on a Performer Trike X. Rear boom tube was modified by Performer for this project and is in hand. Swingarms have been waterjet cut (6061 1/2 inch plate). Uses a Revolt RV100-Pro motor. Two stage reduction, belt first and then chain, driving disc side of rear hub. Pedaling remains as is, 30 speed. Second stage is a jackshaft thru swingarm pivot point and uses a freewheel on the jackshaft. About 40% of the machined parts are done.

Just as a note, Revolt RV100-Pro just fits inside a Al Assoc 5 inch Channel. Motor mount side plates are slotted to take up belt tension. Bearing in back motor mount plate to support motor. Uses a 135mm rear hub (10 or 12mm) and a 7mm spacer on the disc mount side so rear hub fits into a 142mm dropout and WHEEL IS CENTERED BETWEEN SPOKE FLANGES, not dished. 26 inch wheel, probably DX32 rim 32H with wider tire. SRAM Rockshox on rear swingarm.

Hopefully some students may have the opportunity to do some significant dynamic stability studies (not fully determined yet).

Attachments

• 2015-06-24_144644.jpg
    2015-06-24_144644.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 3,885
  • performer assy final 1.jpg
    performer assy final 1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 3,885
  • performer trike x rear#3.jpg
    performer trike x rear#3.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,933
kenkad said:
Thought I would add that this recumbent trike project is underway. Based on a Performer Trike X. Rear boom tube was modified by Performer for this project and is in hand. Swingarms have been waterjet cut (6061 1/2 inch plate). Uses a Revolt RV100-Pro motor. Two stage reduction, belt first and then chain, driving disc side of rear hub. Pedaling remains as is, 30 speed. Second stage is a jackshaft thru swingarm pivot point and uses a freewheel on the jackshaft. About 40% of the machined parts are done.

Just as a note, Revolt RV100-Pro just fits inside a Al Assoc 5 inch Channel. Motor mount side plates are slotted to take up belt tension. Bearing in back motor mount plate to support motor. Uses a 135mm rear hub (10 or 12mm) and a 7mm spacer on the disc mount side so rear hub fits into a 142mm dropout and WHEEL IS CENTERED BETWEEN SPOKE FLANGES, not dished. 26 inch wheel, probably DX32 rim 32H with wider tire. SRAM Rockshox on rear swingarm.

Hopefully some students may have the opportunity to do some significant dynamic stability studies (not fully determined yet).

looks good mate, but why the 2 stage reduction? ive got mine setup to run 11t to 60t, and that gives me a top speed on 20s of just 60km'h - thats with a 26" wheel too... 2nd stage seems unnecessary?

sn0wchyld,
Reason #1, keeps motor rotating clockwise rather than counterclockwise. Reason #2, smaller reductions per stage keeps more teeth engaged on the smaller pulley/cog. Reason #3, and most important, puts jackshaft at the swingarm pivot, not the motor. Chain tensioning is consistent with shock travel. These were my choices.

Do you fear belt skipping? With motor/jackshaft so close together you can't route the belt to have best possible teeth contact. Just by the look of it belt will have contact with only 1/3 of the teeth on the motor pulley.

sNTFXpz.jpg

kenkad said:
sn0wchyld,
Reason #1, keeps motor rotating clockwise rather than counterclockwise. Reason #2, smaller reductions per stage keeps more teeth engaged on the smaller pulley/cog. Reason #3, and most important, puts jackshaft at the swingarm pivot, not the motor. Chain tensioning is consistent with shock travel. These were my choices.

re #1
why does rotation direction matter?
i only ask as im using this motor myself, it'll be rotating CCW when looking at it from the motor mount side.

Typically, Halls are not setup to rotate in either direction. Maybe this motor allows that. I did not ask Alexey that question. I only know that their videos only show CW rotation. Controller has to be able to compensate in the setup. I have not decided on a sine controller yet. What are you going to use?

Macribs,
Do not believe everything you see. The 3D CAD is for visualization only. Actual design and parts (gears/cogs) used may/are different.

kenkad said:
Typically, Halls are not setup to rotate in either direction. Maybe this motor allows that. I did not ask Alexey that question. I only know that their videos only show CW rotation. Controller has to be able to compensate in the setup. I have not decided on a sine controller yet. What are you going to use?
going to use the adaptto (at least initially) so yea that shouldn't be an issue.

kenkad said:
Alexey from Revolt said i could post this info. Additional 100-Pro dimensions (PDF) and Bemf waveforms (good sine wave).
Interesting...
kenkad said:
Typically, Halls are not setup to rotate in either direction. Maybe this motor allows that. I did not ask Alexey that question. I only know that their videos only show CW rotation.
Rotation info would be good to find out as it would give more flexable mounting options.
sn0wchyld said:
going to use the adaptto (at least initially) so yea that shouldn't be an issue.
sn0wchyld soon as you have some pics / performance data... post away.

kenkad said:
Typically, Halls are not setup to rotate in either direction.

??? Please name one that isn't. I've yet to see a motor that physical hall placement isn't for neutral timing. Sure it requires a change in the hall sequence (hall wiring or put the controller thru the self learning process again for controllers with that feature), as well as a change in the phase wire sequence, but those are simple enough to figure out blindfolded.

Back