Revolt Rv-120 -- Sine wave-- Specialized big hit

Emoto said:
kenkad said:
Alexey from Revolt said i could post this info. Additional 100-Pro dimensions (PDF) and Bemf waveforms (good sine wave).
Interesting...
kenkad said:
Typically, Halls are not setup to rotate in either direction. Maybe this motor allows that. I did not ask Alexey that question. I only know that their videos only show CW rotation.
Rotation info would be good to find out as it would give more flexable mounting options.
sn0wchyld said:
going to use the adaptto (at least initially) so yea that shouldn't be an issue.
sn0wchyld soon as you have some pics / performance data... post away.

Just threw some up on my norko build thread. Hope to have it running soon, but I've been saying that for about 6 weeks now. life keeps getting in the damn way.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29373&start=125#p1083690

John in CR said:
kenkad said:
Typically, Halls are not setup to rotate in either direction.

??? Please name one that isn't. I've yet to see a motor that physical hall placement isn't for neutral timing. Sure it requires a change in the hall sequence (hall wiring or put the controller thru the self learning process again for controllers with that feature), as well as a change in the phase wire sequence, but those are simple enough to figure out blindfolded.

AFAIK its only really seen in RC stuff, and even then its more common on brushed motors, which doens't relate to halls. Some motors do have the ability to advance the halls slightly though. poor mans field weakening.

sn0wchyld said:
Just threw some up on my norko build thread. Hope to have it running soon, but I've been saying that for about 6 weeks now. life keeps getting in the damn way.
Great! You have been busy, look forward to seeing your first impressions... wont take long before you wind up the power to 7 + kw bursts i think. :pancake:
Most interesting is that you had a hub on the same frame, now we have a direct comparison, im hoping the rv 100 will kill it.

John in cr
That was my thoughts on the hall rotation thing. but always open minded of course.

Emoto said:
sn0wchyld said:
Great! You have been busy, look forward to seeing your first impressions... wont take long before you wind up the power to 7 + kw bursts i think. :pancake:
Most interesting is that you had a hub on the same frame, now we have a direct comparison, im hoping the rv 100 will kill it.

John in cr
That was my thoughts on the hall rotation thing. but always open minded of course.

Add me in too I'm getting addicted to +7kw of power life is like that the more you get the more you want.

Cheers Kiwi

Emoto said:
sn0wchyld said:

John in cr

Oh im guessing it will slaughter it... and its children :twisted:
working on a custom frame too that'll be perfect for the 120s assuming it can manage at least 5kw cont. (no way I'll use that much, but i just hate having to worry about motor heat... )

kiwiev said:
Add me in too I'm getting addicted to +7kw of power life is like that the more you get the more you want.
Cheers Kiwi
Sadly we get use to it to quickly... but i find by spacing your rides helps a bit.
kiwiev said:
Can't wait for my front wheel john the 26" just doesn't look right atm
Cheers Kiwi
Sorry for making you wait ill pm as soon as all my parts arrive kev.

sn0wchyld said:

sn0wchyld said:
working on a custom frame too that'll be perfect for the 120s assuming it can manage at least 5kw cont. (no way I'll use that much, but i just hate having to worry about motor heat... )
The rv120 continuous 5kw rating is a long way from their 15kw peak, just a safe conservative rating im questing.

Emoto said:
kiwiev said:
Cheers Kiwi
Sadly we get use to it to quickly... but i find by spacing your rides helps a bit.
kiwiev said:
Can't wait for my front wheel john the 26" just doesn't look right atm
Cheers Kiwi
Sorry for making you wait ill pm as soon as all my parts arrive kev.

sn0wchyld said:

sn0wchyld said:
The rv120 continuous 5kw rating is a long way from their 15kw peak, just a safe conservative rating im questing.
yea im hoping the 120S has a similar rating...
it'll be interesting to see how the 100pro handles ~8kw peaks. it'll be interesting to see how i handle them too :p

I have a vid link somewhere, of a guys large outrunner with a air cooling mod, im sure most have seen and know the concept as its been used in rc for a long time, but its a vgood example, you might need it with those 8kw peaks!!. ill post when i find it.
Found it. This is what john in cr has been on about for a long time.

[youtube]em5DPdbHHoQ[/youtube]

Seems this controller can be a match for the Revolt motors, might be good for the Rv 160 as well.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=70258&p=1075236#p1075236

Peak output is crazy 25 kw and continuous 8+kw.40.000 Erpm

Id forgotten about this controller, Like to see the first sphere builds with them.
kiwiev said:
I have been thinking about something like this for my Vector have 1 frame left.

I was thinking A.C. HPEV motor and Curtis controller my thoughts were 17" wheels and make up a pulley for belt to fit beside disc rotor side and leave cassette and derailer on the otherside.

The Vector can go 155mm between the drop outs. What do you Guys think?
Cheers Kiwi

Are you watching kiwiev [warning strong frame needed] , Quanshun Motor are on my next motor list ATM.LIKE!! The 273 e-scooter type 3000w-8000w http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...3-8000w-Extra-Type-V3/1389549_2012904569.html

Emoto said:
Id forgotten about this controller, Like to see the first sphere builds with them.
kiwiev said:
I have been thinking about something like this for my Vector have 1 frame left.

I was thinking A.C. HPEV motor and Curtis controller my thoughts were 17" wheels and make up a pulley for belt to fit beside disc rotor side and leave cassette and derailer on the otherside.

The Vector can go 155mm between the drop outs. What do you Guys think?
Cheers Kiwi

Are you watching kiwiev [warning strong frame needed] , Quanshun Motor are on my next motor list ATM.LIKE!! The 273 e-scooter type 3000w-8000w http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...3-8000w-Extra-Type-V3/1389549_2012904569.html

Hey Emoto maybe we could get together and knock up a jig for nice Alley frame :mrgreen:

I think the AC is still too big :lol:

But it would be nice to do something that mounted on the swing arm keep it simple :D , the Vector swing arm is really long and strong but heavy :(

Cheers Kiwi

kiwiev said:
Hey Emoto maybe we could get together and knock up a jig for nice Alley frame :mrgreen:
But it would be nice to do something that mounted on the swing arm keep it simple :D , the Vector swing arm is really long and strong but heavy :(

Cheers Kiwi
Frame jig collaboration is interesting..... im real busy atm. .Agreed having a revolt on your vector as its just sitting there is tempting.
Will pm you.

Back