Splicing higo 4-1 accessory cable

eBikeaholic

10 mW
I need to splice the 4-1 higo accessory cable on my ebikekit front hub motor build because the cable is too long. The bike has hydraulic brakes so I'm not using the brake cutoff switches.

I'm not sure if I should just splice before the 4-1 splitter and just keep the 2 extra cutoff plugs tied together, or if I'm better off splicing them out for a cleaner look. I can always just splice them back in if I decide to add break cutoff switches.

I haven't opened it up yet but assume I'll need to identify which wire is which. Will I be able to just test the continuity using the connector going to the controller? Has anyone been down this road with some advice?

Attachments

• 4 to 1 splitter cable.jpg
    4 to 1 splitter cable.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 961
What I'd do, is just snip off the brake wire plugs. Then splice and lengthen the two remaining wire bundles after the 4 way. Where ever you make your cut and splice, all you need to do is match up the colors. No need to splice the brakes though, which is why I'd choose after the 4 way.

Anybody know of an extension cable for the other end of the four way?

Thanks for the response Dan. I'm actually trying to shorten the cable, not extend it. It seems that the safest and simplest option is to just splice the large cable between the controller connecter and 4-1 splitter.

The wires inside it look like 26 awg so I had to order more white solder seal connectors... can't find those things anywhere local. There are 10 pins and 10 wires inside the main cable plugging into the controller. Yellow, green, blue, black, red, white, gray, orange, brown, purple.

The smaller cables after the 4-1 splitter is as follows: The connector going to the throttle has five holes and five wires; yellow, green, blue, black, red.

The connector going to the display has 5 pins and 6 wires (white seems to be the odd man out); yellow, green, blue, black, red, white. I assume gray, orange, brown, purple are the only 4 wires going to the brake cutoff connectors (which I don't need).

Ultimately I would prefer to splice the main 10 wire cable directly to the throttle and display connectors. Can I just twist together each color of the throttle and display wires and splice them directly to the main wires with solder seal connectors?

dogman dan said:
What I'd do, is just snip off the brake wire plugs. Then splice and lengthen the two remaining wire bundles after the 4 way. Where ever you make your cut and splice, all you need to do is match up the colors. No need to splice the brakes though, which is why I'd choose after the 4 way.

Anybody know of an extension cable for the other end of the four way?

There is that german guy, Reinhard I think, who sells HiGo cables from his online ebike store. It's called ebike technologies, but the URL escapes me, I'm sure google will find it. I'm pretty sure there are 4 pin HiGo Extensions on his website, I bought 2 pin ones quite a few months ago. You can also buy just a single ended male or female connector on a 1m length of cable with bare wires on the other end.

Back